My meeting with an Imam tonight...

I had a wonderful meeting with an Imam tonight. Imam Ibrahim (Last name kept private for I don’t have permission to share his name) was a wonderful host tonight. We had about an hour of him explaining what Islam is and what it means to Muslims, and we were fortunate to catch an “adhan” for the “Maghrib” (call for prayer). Then we had some time for a Q and A session. He even passed out a free gift for us all, a free Qur’an.

I emailed him to thank him again for everything, and I hope he will reply! I would like a dialog.

[quote=Ric]I had a wonderful meeting with an Imam tonight. Imam Ibrahim (Last name kept private for I don’t have permission to share his name) was a wonderful host tonight. We had about an hour of him explaining what Islam is and what it means to Muslims, and we were fortunate to catch an “adhan” for the “Maghrib” (call for prayer). Then we had some time for a Q and A session. He even passed out a free gift for us all, a free Qur’an.

I emailed him to thank him again for everything, and I hope he will reply! I would like a dialog.
[/quote]

Great! In my local mosque we have very good relations with other Churches. We have monthly get togethers, discussions, we work together fighting for our similar causes. It’s real great!
:slight_smile:

[quote=Emad]Great! In my local mosque we have very good relations with other Churches. We have monthly get togethers, discussions, we work together fighting for our similar causes. It’s real great!
[/quote]

Hi Emad,

Here is the link to the local info the Imam gave us: discoverislam.com/

[quote=Ric]Hi Emad,

Here is the link to the local info the Imam gave us: discoverislam.com/
[/quote]

Very nice site. The WhyIslam.org website also sends out free literature and has one on one email, schedule mosque visits etc.

Thank you.

I’ll check it out. :slight_smile:

[quote=Emad]Very nice site. The WhyIslam.org website also sends out free literature and has one on one email, schedule mosque visits etc.
[/quote]

[quote=Emad]Very nice site. The WhyIslam.org website also sends out free literature and has one on one email, schedule mosque visits etc.
[/quote]

I received this reply:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful.

Assalaam Alaikum (peace be unto you)

This is to confirm that your request was received by the WhyIslam team.
If you requested any brochures then kindly give about one to three weeks
for the delivery to reach you.

Thank you for your request.

WasSalam (and peace to you)

877-WHY-ISLAM associate team.

whyIslam.org
1-877-WHY-ISLAM

when I ordered some info. Thanks again.

[quote=Ric]I received this reply:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful.

Assalaam Alaikum (peace be unto you)

This is to confirm that your request was received by the WhyIslam team.
If you requested any brochures then kindly give about one to three weeks
for the delivery to reach you.

Thank you for your request.

WasSalam (and peace to you)

877-WHY-ISLAM associate team.

whyIslam.org
1-877-WHY-ISLAM

when I ordered some info. Thanks again.
[/quote]

Great! We also have a great forum. Please feel free to join and give us your input anytime.

[quote=Emad]Great! We also have a great forum. Please feel free to join and give us your input anytime.

[/quote]

Great, I’ll try to check it out very soon! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.