My Mom went to the ER via ambulance today and was diagnosed with shingles - Please pray for her

Hello everyone. Could you all please keep my Mom in your prayers? I called her earlier this evening and didn’t even recognize her voice. I asked her if she was okay and she told me no. Well, I could tell that she was in excruciating pain. I helped her calm down while on the phone with her (she lives an hour away or I would have went to her house) and she explained what was going on. She told me she was having excruciating pain in her back. I then asked her if she needed to go to the emergency room and she told me that she didn’t know if she could afford it or not. I reassured her that everything would be okay with that and then I asked her for her address because I would not be able to find the place where she lives easily. I then asked her if she was okay with me calling 911 for her. She was okay with that and I called 911. Our local dispatcher connected me with her county’s dispatcher and I gave them the address. They couldn’t confirm the address so they called her to get the correct address just in case I had misunderstood. Finally, I was able to call her again a few minutes later since I had promised to call her back and she said she was going to call someone else to take her. From then on out until about 30 minutes ago is kind of fuzzy.

Anyway, my Grandma (her mom) said that she took the ambulance to the hospital and then that a family friend went and picked her up from the hospital. But on to the point, she was diagnosed with Shingles. For those of you who don’t know what Shingles is, it is caused by either the same virus or a similar virus to that of Chicken Poxs. Anyway, Shingles is when this virus infects the nerve endings and it causes excruciating pain wherever the rash appears. That’s about all I know about it.

So, I called her about 30 minutes ago and she was on her way home from the hospital. Thanks and glory to God that she is okay! The doctors at the emergency room gave her a few different medications and she is going to be out of work for at least a couple more days.

Finally, please keep my Mom in your prayers. Her Dad, my Grandpa, had Shingles in 2005 and it was very severe for him. He no longer has it but my point is that I know how badly Shingles can affect a person because two of my Grandparents have had it. I am worried that it might get that bad with my Mom. Please keep her in your prayers. Thank you.

Ouch! I’ve been there. Bless her heart…it’s painful. May Our Lord cleanse her and help her heal with His peace.:gopray2:

“Watch O Lord with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give Your Angels and Saints charge over those who sleep. Tend Your sick ones, dear Lord, rest Your weary ones, bless Your dying ones, soothe Your suffering ones, pity Your afflicted ones, shield Your joyous ones, and all for Your Love’s sake.”
St. Augustine

Thank you Church Militant for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

No prob Holly. Hope she is better very soon.

Praying for healing for your mother …

**Here is an update on my Mom:
Here is what she texted me earlier today when I asked her how she was:

“Thanks I just don’t feel like talking still. Have bad headaches and weak, shaky, and all. Love you” - my Mom.

Praying for your mom. I had a mild case of them about 40 years ago without any real problems or reoccurances.

Thank you 244Rocket. I appreciate your prayers for her. I hope that my mom’s case is only a mild case. Regardless of whether or not it is mild, though, it has already brought her to tears with pain.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.