My mother passed away last night.

Please pray for my family and myself. My mother, who was very ill, passed away in her sleep last night.

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus

Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

misspriss, I am very sorry to hear about your mother. A prayer for her:

O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Thy departed servant, misspriss' mother, the full remission of all her sins, that through our pious supplications she may obtain that pardon which she has always desired, Thou who livest and reignest world without end. Amen.

V. Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon her.
V. May thy divine assistance remain always with us.
R. And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Amen.

Also, prayers for your family that you can cope with the sorrow during this time:

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Remember, O most pure spouse of Mary, and my dearly beloved guardian, St. Joseph, that never was it known that anyone who invoked your care and requested your help was left without consolation.

Inspired with this confidence, I come to you, and with all the ardor of my spirit I commend myself to you. Do not reject my prayer, O Foster Father of the Savior, but graciously receive and answer it.

Amen.
:crossrc:

My prayers also for you.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=687850

Lord God Almighty, I pray for the soul of misspriss' mother. Please grant her eternal rest and may perpetual light shine upon her. Welcome her into the light of Your kingdom. I also pray for those she left behind. May they be comforted in their grief and their loss. Grant them courage, strength, and acceptance. May they be comforted with the knowledge that their beloved mother is with You in heaven. AMEN.

I am sorry for your loss ..... But am joyful that your mother is at peace with the lord!

I will keep you and your family in my prayers to Divine Mercy that you may be comforted and supported by His Ministering Angels.

Peace through His Love Be with You All.

Diane[SIGN][/SIGN]

May God comfort you in this hard time, and may he shine light, love and mercy on your mother, may she rest in peace and be up in heaven!
amen

My deepest sympathy and prayers for her eternal rest and peace and for you and your family...esp. at Holy Mass and Holy Communion.

For your consideration...

[INDENT]

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
New International Version (NIV)

9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that,** whether** we are** awake or asleep*, **we* may live together with him.

[/INDENT]

Think about this incredible Truth...

whether awake (in this life...you)...or asleep (in this life ...your mother)...you both still live together with/in Christ......your mother is still with you...in a different and much greater state of being than any of us who are still awake in this life...this is all because of Our Lord Jesus Christ's incredible power and gift...the God of the Living...not the God of the Dead.

[INDENT]

Matthew 22: 29-33
New International Version (NIV)

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 *‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”*

33** When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching**.[/INDENT]

Pax Christi

My condolences to you and your family.

Eternal rest grant unto her soul, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rests in peace.
Amen.

[quote="misspriss, post:1, topic:289145"]
Please pray for my family and myself. My mother, who was very ill, passed away in her sleep last night.

[/quote]

Dear Miss Priss and your family, I lost my mother who was also very ill a few yrs ago so I know what you are going through. I pray our Father Lord God in heaven will comfort you at this difficult time with faith that your dear mother is in a better place. No longer suffering through her trials on earth but now in the hands of her Savior our Lord Jesus Christ. She shall always remain alive with you in your hearts here on earth until you meet again.

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that when this tent we live in—our body here on earth—is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a home he himself has made, which will last forever.

1Thess 4:13 Our friends, we want you to know the truth about those who have died, so that you will not be sad, as are those who have no hope.14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will take back with Jesus those who have died believing in him.

Luke 20:36 They will be like angels and cannot die. They are the children of God, because they have risen from death.37 And Moses clearly proves that the dead are raised to life. In the passage about the burning bush he speaks of the Lord as the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.38 He is the God of the living, not of the dead, for to him all are alive.

Our Father, I pray Miss Priss's mother lives with you forever and ever, with Jesus your Son in heaven. Like an angel rises from death and remains forever alive. I ask these things in the name of Jesus, your Son our Lord and Savior. Amen.

May she rest in the peace of Christ

May God grant eternal peace and joy to your dear departed mother,
and may He grant comfort and peace to you and all her grieving loved ones.
AMEN.

[quote="misspriss, post:1, topic:289145"]

[/quote]

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear mother.May God grant her eternal life and comfort you as you mourn her loss.
God bless

Eternal life grant unto this mother O Lord
may perpetual light shine upon her
and may she rest in peace Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Remembering the repose of your mother’s soul in my daily prayers. May God grant you and your family comfort at this difficult time. God bless.

O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Thy departed servant, misspriss’ mother, the full remission of all her sins, that through our pious supplications she may obtain that pardon which she has always desired, Thou who livest and reignest world without end. Amen.

R. And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Amen.

Also, prayers for your family that you can cope with the sorrow during this time:

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Remember, O most pure spouse of Mary, and my dearly beloved guardian, St. Joseph, that never was it known that anyone who invoked your care and requested your help was left without consolation.

Inspired with this confidence, I come to you, and with all the ardor of my spirit I commend myself to you. Do not reject my prayer, O Foster Father of the Savior, but graciously receive and answer it.

Amen.

:crossrc:

I am so sorry for your loss.
Eternal rest grant unto her soul, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rests in peace.
Amen.

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Thy departed servant, misspriss' mother, the full remission of all her sins, that through our pious supplications she may obtain that pardon which she has always desired, Thou who livest and reignest world without end. Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.