My mother passed away yesterday

My mother passed away yesterday at 7:00am. I was blessed to be there for her passing. My faith is greatly shaken by all this and so I and the rest of the family could use some major prayers. Thank you. God bless.

[quote="prolifewife, post:1, topic:232456"]
My mother passed away yesterday at 7:00am. I was blessed to be there for her passing. My faith is greatly shaken by all this and so I and the rest of the family could use some major prayers. Thank you. God bless.

[/quote]

Great sympathy to you
and prayers for you and your family.

I’ll remember to say a prayer for you. Take care and continue to pray to God. He will grant you peace.

So many people are praying for you. Christ’s peace.

Eternal rest grant unto Her O, Lord
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

May Our Dear Lord bless your Mom’s soul, and may He also give comfort to you and your family today and in the days ahead. He knows your sadness and will be with you to help!
Prayers coming your way.

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May God bring you comfort and peace in your grief.

Eternal rest grant to her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen.

Prayers to you, my dear. :-/ Losing a parent is so difficult, thoughts and prayers are definitely with you right.
Much love and good intentions,
M

Thank you for coming here and sharing this with us. I am so sorry you lost your mother. Please take care of yourself as best as you can, know that Christ will help you with your grief...prayers for you and for all of your family. I am so sorry that is heartbreaking I know.

I am so sorry for your loss. May the Holy Family be with your family and impart grace, blessing, and peace to you all.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord. Let Your perpetual light shine upon her and give her peace. Amen.

I will add you and your family to my prayers.

Losing a parent is really hard.

:(

[quote="prolifewife, post:1, topic:232456"]

[/quote]

My prayers are with you and your family. I lost my mother 1 1/2 years ago to leukemia. She was diagnosed and then died 1 mo later. She was 64. I know what you mean by your faith being shaken, mine was too - as were my siblings. Just take it slowly and lean on each other. God will help you get through the rough times.

So sorry for you loss. Prayers for you and your mother's soul..

In my prayers and I’ve already prayed for you. Trust God and have faith! (Wish there were a way to convey a warmer tone.)

Praying for you.

I am very sorry for your loss, and will remember you in my prayers. I hope that knowing that so many wish to lighten your burden will in some way ease your sorrow.

I know the pain of losing a dear Mom. Prayers and love going out to you and all your family.

**Having lost both my parents, I am feeling your hurt right along with you.

It helped me greatly, whenever I got sad, to keep thinking that they were both with God. To be with God, and to be in Heaven helping Him, how beautiful for them. All our life, our one big goal is to go to Heaven some day. They are there now, along with your mother. They are no longer tired, sick or hurting.

I like to look at life as:
We were alive while we were in our mother's womb. We were happy there and had everything we needed, and it was all we knew.
Then suddenly, we enter the world we are in now, and it's all we know. I kind of think that death is just the next stage of our life.
Your mom is where she needs to be now, in her next stage of life.

It will be sad never to see her again, but you have all your wonderful memories. The pain is great now because it is so raw and so new. You are grieving, and that takes time. But know that your faith is what tells you that your mom still lives, and that she is now resting in God's waiting arms.

I will keep you in my prayers, that you find some peace from your pain.**

I’m praying for you and your family and mother.

Eternal rest grant unto Her O, Lord
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.