My Name...In The Gay "Enemy List"?

What Happens If You’re on the Gay “Enemies List”

By Alison Stateman / Los Angeles

Ever since a slim majority outlawed gay marriage in California, opponents have waged national protests and petitions, urging the judicial system to reconsider the results of the Nov. 4 referendum. (Proposition 8 overturned an earlier decision by the Supreme Court of California legalizing same-sex marriages.) While the court weighs whether or not to get back into the fray, the civil unrest ignited by the ban shows no sign of abating. A National Protest Against Prop 8 organized by JoinTheImpact.com is scheduled for this Saturday. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which opponents say donated more than $20 million to the Yes on 8 campaign, has already become a focus of protests, with demonstrators gathered around Mormon temples not only in California but across the country.

The Mormon Church is not the only group being singled out for criticism. African-Americans, 70% of whom voted yes on Proposition 8, according to a CNN exit poll, have become a target. According to eyewitness reports published on the Internet, racial epithets have been used against African-Americans at protests in California, directed even at blacks who are fighting to repeal Proposition 8. Said Evan Wolfson, executive director of Freedom to Marry, “In any fight, there will be people who say things they shouldn’t say, but that shouldn’t divert attention from what the vast majority are saying against this, that it’s a terrible injustice.” (See the Top 10 ballot measures.)

Read the rest here.

Folks, if this isn’t a sign that the gay movement is out to harm individuals and shun those whom it consideres “anti-gay”, than I don’t know what is.

That is so reminiscent of anti-semitism and rounding up the jews.

Dear God, is that in our future?

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Readers should follow through to see the list.

Really? Are you sure that you’re not exaggerating a little?

That is so reminiscent of anti-semitism and rounding up the jews.

Dear God, is that in our future?

Thank you for sharing this with us.

They aren’t rounding up anyone. They just won’t let homosexuals marry each other. It’s hardly the Holocaust; most Americans are uncomfortable with homosexuality, but few actually hate them enough to treat them the way Hitler treated the Jews.

Oh, wait… you’re supposing the homosexuals are going to round up the rest of us and put us in camps? That’s about as likely as the Jews having rounded up the Germans.

Yeah. I’m sure I’m not exaggerating at all.

antigayblacklist.com/

Please do not patronize them.
8 = HATE.

blog.bible.org/bock/files/images/JewishMuseum%20%22Jews%20Not%20Served%20Here%22.jpg
"Jews Not Served Here"

Christians who support marriage between 1 man and 1 woman are not the ones who are hating. They are the ones targeted.

Spend a moment and read through the list.

What makes you think we are so far advanced as a human race that what happened only 60 yrs ago wouldn’t happen again?

Did I say that?

Come on, propagandists were able to change the minds of thousands of people to hate and mistrust and kill the jews. Just because they said things about the jews never made it true.

Just because I oppose gay “marriage” doesn’t mean I hate people.
But that is the propaganda they are spreading.

This is tough on businesses.

They did the same in Ma. They posted the 70,000 names on the internet of everyone who signed the formal petition to ask for a vote on gay marriage.

Sorry, but I don’t see how this is any different than the anti-gay folks boycotting businesses that support the “gay agenda”, or pro-life people going after pro-choice people. We have the right to speak up and others have the right to speak up disagreeing with us. Unless someone attacks you personally, I don’t understand the problem. I’m assuming you are proud of your stand. People disagree. It’s a two way street. You get to sound off, so do they.

The difference is the violence that is tolerated. This is Nazi-style tactics, easily recongized except by those whose heads are buried in the sand. Remember the lists of the names of the abortio9n providers that had to be taken down because the implicit threat? Demonstrations outside of churches do not respect freedom of religion.

Did I say that?

You were talking about people being “rounded up” like the Nazis did the Jews. Who were you expecting to be rounded up?

Come on, propagandists were able to change the minds of thousands of people to hate and mistrust and kill the jews. Just because they said things about the jews never made it true.

Gays probably have some of that, but the difference is the level of violence. Violence against gays is a problem, but nowhere near the proportions of the Holocaust. That seems like a great exaggeration. And while propagandists do contribute to that violence, most people are willing to leave them alone.

Just because I oppose gay “marriage” doesn’t mean I hate people.

I hope not. I oppose gay marriage, too. I don’t mind a contract between two people, but marriage is a special relationship between a man and a woman.

But that is the propaganda they are spreading.

I don’t think most Americans are buying it. Toleration and acceptance of homosexuals is rising, rather than falling. The Church has had a hand in that, given it’s stand that homosexuals should be accepted and not unjustly discriminated against.

The difference is the violence that is tolerated. This is Nazi-style tactics, easily recongized except by those whose heads are buried in the sand.

**FBI’s latest report show that 11 percent of the 7,587 bias-motivated crimes reported by law enforcement agencies in 1993 were against gay people or people perceived to be gay.

I believe that is significantly down from several years back. Still a problem, but a decreasing one.

Remember the lists of the names of the abortio9n providers that had to be taken down because the implicit threat?

I deplore violence, even against abortionists. There are always a few crackpots who make the rest of us look bad. They don’t represent us, nor do those who assault homosexuals represent normal Americans.

Demonstrations outside of churches do not respect freedom of religion.

Religious freedom does not include the right to be free of criticism. However it does include the right to be free of intimidation and unjust discrimination. Whether or not a demonstration is illegal depends on what the demonstrators do.

No, it is up from before. Hate crimes are going down, but the amount against GLBT’s and Jews have risen over the last few years. There are also many unreported hate crimes. Unless a state actually has hate crime law for GLBT’s, most of the crimes don’t actually get counted unless they become felony level charges (murder etc).

Personally I’ve had around six or seven people I know have murdered because they are GLBT. They weren’t all friends, but they were people I knew in the hallways at school, or at work, things like that. They were almost all vicious brutal mutilating attacks and the sentencing was incredibly light, because they use the ‘gay panic’ or ‘trans panic’ defenses and get it lowered to voluntary manslaughter instead of murder 1 or 2.

Not quite. The “ones targeted” are the persons who donated to pass Proposition 8 - most backers of traditional marriage did not donate to that cause.

I am not in favor of blacklisting, but really, is it any different than the innumerable boycotts which been called by right-wing Christian organizations because some business has been perceived as soft on gays?

If you make sufficiently large donations to any political cause, your name becomes public information and how much you donated.

There are lists of the people who donated for No on Prop 8 as well. Someone could make a ‘hit list’ with that too, yet I don’t see any concerns over it, not even in the gay community.

Riiiight.

If everyone boycotted every business that ever did something we all did not approve of our economy would be in the toilet… WHAT A MINUTE??? Wow, why didn’t we think of this before, it’s not the government’s fault, it’s all these boycotter’s faults… Yeah, right…:rolleyes:

No, it is up from before. Hate crimes are going down, but the amount against GLBT’s and Jews have risen over the last few years. There are also many unreported hate crimes. Unless a state actually has hate crime law for GLBT’s, most of the crimes don’t actually get counted unless they become felony level charges (murder etc).

Well, that’s disturbing. You may have noticed that polls show more acceptance for homosexuals as people lately. Perhaps it is comparable to the way that violence against blacks went up briefly as the civil right movement began to succeed.

At any rate, I regard it as a problem, and condemn any such violence. The Church explicitly condemned any attacks or unjust discrimination against homosexuals.

And I don’t see posts on here all the time “Boy boycott ABC, Inc. because they donate to Planned Parenthood” or “Don’t buy XYZ products, they support gay marriage”? Turn about is fair play. Everyone is free to advocate for what they wish and spend their money (or not) as they wish.

Comparing a boycott to the Holocaust is an insult to the dead and the survivors both.

The newspaper blog of a small community in my area had an entry listing the names and contributions of local people who were **supporting **marriage between one man and one woman (Yes on 8).

This information is available to the public but you need to go in search of it. These people cut and pasted the names into the blog post. Some of those named were business people and professionals. There was much haranguing about boycotting.

But turnabout is fair play. Someone else posted a list (and contributions) of those opposing marriage between one man and one woman (No on 8).

I have not seen any documented cases of physical harassment locally so far and I pray there won’t be.

What really gets me is all the coverage the protesters are getting. I have participated in the Walk for Life (West Coast) and seen the lack of news coverage. And I know the March for Life in Washington D.C. is even larger and gets nowhere near the coverage in secular media.

Did you read the list?

This is totally different from suggesting Christians boycott McDonalds.

Boycotting McDonalds because we don’t agree with their decisions as a CORPORATION is NOT the same thing as targeting INDIVIDUALS and saying that these INDIVIDUALS are HATERS.

MAJOR DIFFERENCE.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.