My New Catholic Congressman

My new Catholic Congressman was sworn in today. He’s a Democrat who grew up on the Catholic side of town, had 6 or 7 brothers and sisters, and went to the oldest and proudest diocesan high schools in the city. He ran as a pro lifer.

If he loses courage on this issue, it will be very destructive to both him and the family and community that supported him.

I didn’t vote him, but I will be praying for him and for all of our Catholic representatives in Washington. Please join me.

Thank you.

I will keep him in my prayers and Masses and pray that he will continue to have courage, with God’s protection.

Praying that he totally accepts the gospel of life and rejects the culture of death.

I pray that all congressional members use the authority that God gave them to carry out His will.

Praying for him to remain steadfast and his pro-life position be contagious!

Prayers and Intercessions

Let us celebrate Christ’s loving kindness. He came to free his creation from the slavery of sin and give us the freedom of children of God. Therefore let us confidently ask him:

• Let your birth free us from evil.

Lord, you exist from all eternity but you entered a new life in time:
constantly renew us by the mystery of your birth
Without ceasing to be God you miraculously took on human nature:
may we share ever more in your divinity.
Light of the nations, teacher of holiness,
may your words be a lantern guiding our footsteps.
Word of God, made flesh in Mary’s womb and born into this world,
dwell always in our hearts through faith.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.