my new revelation

Today my faith was strengthened by God. I now understand that I can go through the whole biography of Joseph Smith or any other prophet of the Mormon Church. But any doubts I have will only be called anti mormon, or from an anti mormon site or book. And the so called fair and ballenced sites for Mormon apolegetics will really only claim that the facts on the other side are false or do not connect the dots.
I can go to a Dr. Dino site on the web and he can show me why the earth is 6000 years old and prove to me through science that he is right, but when science proves him wrong well in those select cases it just cant be measured accurately.

Through my faith in God and what he has personally revealed to me as the truth, I know that the Catholic Church is the true visable Church and as many break away from the Church for various reasons they may still be considered a part of his Church even if they do not recognize the visable church.

But I now know today that the Mormon is no different than a baptist or any other denomination, to me in all of these denominations the truth is lossed in some form.

A denomination will put there faith and doctrine into one man’s beliefs and testamony while the Catholic Church has always tested the beliefs of many men, tested science, philosophy and theology.

Its sad but I had to experience hell before I allowed myself into the Catholic Church. Not pit of hell with fire, but a place within myself here on earth, a feeling of being alone not in the pressence of God who I have always loved and believed in. Well I fell down on my knees and asked for forgivess, for God not to abandon me, God through the help of friends led me into His Church.

Today my faith was strengthened by God. I now understand that I can go through the whole biography of Joseph Smith or any other prophet of the Mormon Church. But any doubts I have will only be called anti mormon, or from an anti mormon site or book. And the so called fair and ballenced sites for Mormon apolegetics will really only claim that the facts on the other side are false or do not connect the dots.”

Well, LDS apologetics/apologists do point out some faulty reasoning by certain “anti-Mormon” authors. I think of the view espoused by one scholar (whose work is generally good) that the Book of Mormon has occultic origin. Such absurdities must and should be exposed for what they are - bad reasoning. However, you are right that LDS apologetic sites don’t always interact with good arguments against their claims. I write this off a lot to the less than stellar arguments put forth by the critics, and of course, their (the critics) lack of a valid alternative.

It is logical that if you want to convince someone that their religion is wrong, that you provide them with a valid alternative. Evangelicalism (where many of the LDS critics come from) is hardly a good alternative to 1) A visible Church, 2) A concept of priesthood, 3) Infallible truth, etc. The same goes for the ex-mormon “agnostic” authors. What person with any concept of belief in Jesus Christ would want to trade that for an agnostic “belief” system? Not many. And, therein lies Catholicism’s strength. We possess all the true elements within Mormonism while leaving the bad. I do believe if Catholics can learn to establish refined, careful, apologetic interactions with Mormons that we can bring many into the Church, for with the combination of the good arguments and a valid alternative to their belief, conversion becomes easier, IMO. :slight_smile:

In Christ,

Adam

[quote=Reid]Today my faith was strengthened by God. I now understand that I can go through the whole biography of Joseph Smith or any other prophet of the Mormon Church. But any doubts I have will only be called anti mormon, or from an anti mormon site or book. And the so called fair and ballenced sites for Mormon apolegetics will really only claim that the facts on the other side are false or do not connect the dots.
I can go to a Dr. Dino site on the web and he can show me why the earth is 6000 years old and prove to me through science that he is right, but when science proves him wrong well in those select cases it just cant be measured accurately.

Through my faith in God and what he has personally revealed to me as the truth, I know that the Catholic Church is the true visable Church and as many break away from the Church for various reasons they may still be considered a part of his Church even if they do not recognize the visable church.

But I now know today that the Mormon is no different than a baptist or any other denomination, to me in all of these denominations the truth is lossed in some form.

A denomination will put there faith and doctrine into one man’s beliefs and testamony while the Catholic Church has always tested the beliefs of many men, tested science, philosophy and theology.

Its sad but I had to experience hell before I allowed myself into the Catholic Church. Not pit of hell with fire, but a place within myself here on earth, a feeling of being alone not in the pressence of God who I have always loved and believed in. Well I fell down on my knees and asked for forgivess, for God not to abandon me, God through the help of friends led me into His Church.
[/quote]

Couldn’t we say pretty much the same thing about the Catholic Church or any other? Doesn’t all religion come down to faith??

[quote=Casen]Couldn’t we say pretty much the same thing about the Catholic Church or any other? Doesn’t all religion come down to faith??
[/quote]

No. Many religions come down to individual money, power and control which can only be accomplished without true faith. And if we could say that of all religions, the Mormon religion would be simply a fifth wheel.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.