My own fault

I feel guilty asking for others to pray for me, especially since the situation I am in is my own fault.
I had a decent job, but because I had felt “belittled” and like I didn’t really fit in with my superiors and co-workers, I quit a month and a half ago. Thanks be to God, my DH has a good job and is able to work some over-time, but we are barely making ends meet.
I guess I was too confident - meaning I though I wouldn’t have that much of a problem getting another job. Boy was I wrong! I am definitely much more humbled having gone through this! After having gone to 12 interviews, I have yet to get offered a job. The last interview I went to was last Tuesday, and ironically it was a receptionist position for the Diocese in my area. The woman who interviewed me said she hoped to have her decision made this week. I called her on Tuesday (one week after the initial interview) and left a message that I was wondering if a decision has been made. I haven’t received a response and I am praying to hear either way.
I just feel stupid and horrible for putting such a burden on my DH and I feel as if I have been disrespectful to God in the fact that I had a job and quit (there are SO many people out there that would appreciate having a job!)
If after reading my ramblings you can find it in your heart to pray for me I would definitely appreciate it and will absolutely be praying for you. I know I don’t deserve it though. But thank you in advance anyway…

Praying to St. Anthony to “find” you the perfect job for you! :signofcross:

Please dont beat yourself up, sometimes it’s just not a good fit. A good job with good supervisor/co-workers should help you feel confident and encouraged about doing your job, not “belittled”, that’s a terrible feeling.
I was in a similar situation (good job awful boss) and was terrified to quit because of money so made myself miserable for two years before I finally had enough. I went to a job placement agency and had a job within a couple weeks–a good one with great people. I felt dumb for not having moved on earlier.
I’ll pray for you!

Praying for you to find a job very soon.:gopray2:

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. I’m just in a funk and I feel like I deserve to feel this way.:banghead:

MsParrott, I will pray for you now. We make choices in our lives and we have to live with them… Now move forward and go where God leads you.

I am praying for you.

Currently,I am in a similiar situation so I understand completely. Don’t blame yourself. As has been mentioned, sometimes these things are just bad fits, plain and simple.

God bless, dear.

Will keep you in daily prayer. Dont hit on yourself too badly…we all share a common humanity and I make many mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I read somewhere or other that when things go wrong, it is because there is a lessson we need to learn that we have not as yet learnt. But I will pray daily that a good job will come through for you.

No one deserves to feel belittled in their job or elsewhere, and Thank You for asking for prayers. I needed someone to serve today. :smiley:

Father, I ask that MSParrott gets a new position soon, whether the one she’s hoping for at her diocese or not, if not, please guide her to the position You would like her to be at. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen. :signofcross:

I have been in the exact same position as you, and therefore you have my prayers :slight_smile:

I pray that our Jesus guides you along the right path to a job that is just perfect for you and that you will continue to put all your faith and trust in Him until that time :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the prayers and words of encouragement, I have tears in my eyes as I read them. I know God is good, and hopefully I will get something soon! I really cannot thank you all enough.

I don’t think the job at the Diocese is going to come to fruition as I haven’t heard and it’s already 3pm here on the east coast, but I pray Jesus will lead me to a job soon, and I PROMISE not to make the same stupid mistake again! I am definitely going to be more thankful and appreciative of even the smallest of things!

:gopray:

We ALL need prayer. It is because we are ALL undeserving that we NEED it!!

I know what you feel like - I’m in a job where I don’t really fit in either. Prayers that our Lord Jesus will lead you to where you’re supposed to be… :slight_smile:

Praying for you…

Continued prayers for your job situation…

May the Lord bless you & your family in these trying, difficult financial times. I am sure the Lord will provide the perfect job for you, in His perfect time! God Bless!

Lord, MSParrott left her job because it was not a good place for her, please guide her to e new job that will be good for her. Guide her to a job that is uplifting for her to go to everyday, and where she can flourish as Your child and where she can serve You. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Rest assured God has a plan…will be keep you in prayer…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.