My possibly dying grandmother

As many of you may remember, my family on my father’s side is not doing very well. While the conditions of my grandfather and aunt have stabilized, undoubtedly aided by your prayers, my mother has recently informed me that my grandmother, who has been moderately confused for six months or so now, has fallen into a coma, and “may only have a few days left.” My grandmother is and always has been a loving, caring, optimistic, and truly motherly soul who has always been wonderful to me and whom I love very deeply.
I ask you all to pray as hard as possible that she will remain on this earth as long as possible, according to the Lord’s will, that she will pass peacefully and obtain a place in Heaven to sing His praises forever when she does.

Thank you all in advance.

Lord, please extend your loving hand to this grandmother and remedy, in accord with the Father’s merciful will, all her afflictions, spiritual or physical. Comfort with many graces the family that suffers from this matter, that they might ever retain and cultivate faith, hope, love, and joy. Minister to the whole family with holy angels. Spare them all rays of your heavenly light, that they might ever navigate toward the eternal banquet and sup bountifully on your love. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying for your intentions.

Lord, bless all in this family. Please send your Angels to surround this loving grandmother and if it is your will, alllow her mind and body healing, so her family may have a little more time with her. In your Holy Name, we pray. Amen.

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen…

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
St. Jude, Patron of Causes despaired up, pray for us.
St. Joseph, pray for us.

It’s wonderful that your grandmother is such a loving person. What an example for all of us to try and emulate!

She and you are in my prayers.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Praying…

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your Grandmother’s health & recovery.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying that the Lord may strengthen your grandmother with all necessary graces.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support in this time. My dad, who left two days ago to be with my grandmother, has just called to tell us at home that she only has a day or so left. He gave me a chance to say goodbye over the phone, and, though she was unresponsive, it was a very sorrowful experience for me. Please continue to pray for her, she needs all the intercessory aid possible.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

Angel of God, my guardian dear…
May all the Angels of God be ready to welcome your grandmother to her heavenly reward.
Praying for you and your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.