My prayers haven't seemed to have been answered recently. Help!

I’m still in the conversion process, and I’m still going through a period where I’m having doubts about whether Catholicism is the right faith for me. This past weekend, I was finally able to get up enough courage to want to go to exposed Eucharistic adoration, but since I’m totally blind, I needed a ride to get there. I longed to go to adoration, and for two days, I prayed that God would provide me a way to get there if it was his will. My prayers weren’t answered either day, and it was a blow to my faith. Yesterday evening, I prayed that when I got home, that God would give me the strength to stop doubting, and stay awake, so that I could pray the Rosary, because I’ve been having trouble getting back into the routine of praying it every day, and when I do pray it, I can’t stay focused on the mysteries. Again, my prayer wasn’t answered. Also, a fiew weeks back, I tried to make up my mind that I wasn’t going to doubt about whether Catholicism is right for me any more, and I prayed that God would help me to overcome my doubts, and I even asked Mary to pray for me on this matter. Again, my prayer hasn’t been answered. Is God trying to tell me something? Is he trying to lead me away from the Catholic faith? Am I doing something wrong? What do I do?

I’ve prayed for my faith to be half the size of a mustard seed, and I have not been able to move any tiny mountain yet. Does this mean God is not answering me?

Do you pray for being patient and persevere in what you are trying to do and asking of Him and in letting Him mold you into His Likeness? :slight_smile: He is answering you in His Will - not your will - as you put it. In fact, many times He is answering to our prayers and many times it is not the way we expected.

God does not lead us away from the Truth, but our impatience and pride might do that.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

Congratulations on taking the first steps of faith!! You are reminding me of St. Peter, who saw the Sacred Heart of Jesus, walked on water, then was filled with doubts and started to drown. Eventually, he would become our First Pope.!!

One thing that I love about our faith is that it is based on reason and not feelings, so it doesn’t need to disappear when the feelings are running dry. One reason why I love the book by St. Louis Mary de Montfort called The Secret of the Rosary is because it explains the origin, name, prayers, mysteries, marvelous effects of the most Holy Rosary, as well as how to pray it and fight distractions and pray it most powerfully, and join the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary to also receive the benefit of other people’s rosaries.

In the Twelfth Rose: The Our Father, he explains the meaning of the phrase: Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Let me post an excerpt: "As Tertullian says, this sentence does not in the least mean that we are afraid of people thwarting God’s designs because nothing whatsoever can happen without Divine Providence having foreseen it and having made it fit into His plans beforehand. No obstruction in the whole world can possibly prevent the will of God from being carried out.

Rather, when we say, Thy will be done, we ask God to make us humbly resigned to all that He has seen fit to send us in this life. We also ask Him to help us to do, in all things and at all times, His Holy will, made known to us by the commandments, promptly, lovingly and faithfully as the saints and angels do it in heaven."

I remember Jesus praying in the First Sorrowful Mystery: The Agony in the Garden, “Father if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” I think that we always pray this way because this life is a spiritual warfare, where God gives us a cup to drink because he knows it is the best for us, but this cup is sometimes filled with suffering. Sometimes this cup is a cup where the devil tortures us either through physical attacks or spiritual attacks, where he can often try to prevent us from praying or doing good with temptations. We have to rely not on ourselves but on God.

I heard from a wise man, my father, that the greatest temptation that Jesus had was to come down from the Cross. He could do it. People asked him to do it. But it wasn’t meant to be done then… he was meant to rise up in three days. The Immaculate Heart of Mary doesn’t take our crosses away, to the best of my pitiful knowledge, she helps us to have sweetness with these crosses. Just as Jesus was crucified but I believe that looking at his Mother on the Cross must have made the pain more bearable.

St. Padre Pio said, “Pray, hope, don’t worry.” and “The Rosary is The WEAPON.” The Bible says, “Pray always.”

I believe to the best of my limited knowledge that God uses us. He sends us out to battle when he sees that the time is right. We don’t know when that time is coming. We just have to make sure we are fit to be used by doing our best to serve God in the way most pleasing to him, but realizing that if it doesn’t work out it is for a better good, and praying constantly so that we are filled with graces from the Immaculate Heart of Mary, full of grace, Mediatrix of all graces through the Holy Spirit and we become better for God to use.

Jesus, I trust in you!! May the author of this thread and all who grace this thread be glories to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary!! May we all be graced with gifts of the Holy Spirit through the Immaculate Heart of Mary!! Jesus I trust in you!! Jesus, I trust in you!! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!!

True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Link: montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html
Secret of the Rosary Link: montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html
Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin link: saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus link: en.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.
Chaplet of Divine Mercy link: ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Thanks AveSantaMaria for your words of encouragement and the links! It turns out that one of the prayers I was worried about may have been answered, because someone sent me a message this past Sunday, offering me a ride to adoration, but I didn’t check my messages until after I posted this thread. I also remembered Jesus’s prayer in the first Sorrowful Mystery, before you even replied to my post. Thanks a bunch!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.