My Preteen Son

Please pray for my son. In a nutshell, he’s suffering from mental illness and it’s been a constant struggle on our family. His dad was kind enough to drive up yesterday and take him for a day or two to give us some respite.

I have struggled with feelings of depression the last couple of days and I’m hoping God will show us the best way of helping this situation (time for a billboard for me, not the “still, silent voice”). I also ask that God be with my son. He is angry and depressed and I am scared. He has been suicidal and we have had many suicide attempts and completions in our family. I am scared he will begin using drugs (he’s been talking more and more about them and I’ve worked with adolescents who use). I don’t want to bury my son.

Thank you so much for your support and prayers! You all have no idea how much I appreciate the kindness here!

:grouphug:

Praying my heart out for your son.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
and Glory be…
for your intention. :gopray:

You and your family are in my prayers. I can’t imagine what you are going through. Your struggle represents some of my greatest fears with my own children. They are small now, but the world is a scary dangerous place and they can so easily go astray. I pray that God bring him back to His will and call him to his Kingdom. I pray that Gold console you and give you both the wisdom and strength to parent in such a difficult situation and time. I pray that God’s will be done in your life, your family’s life, and in your son’s life.

Please know you are not alone. Please let your son know he is not alone and he is loved very much.

I am praying for your intentions.

Praying so very hard for peace and direction to come to your family.

Thank you!!

:grouphug:

Praying for you and especially for your son …

Father turn thine eyes towards this precious child of yours. We ask that You hear and answer our prayers.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help
or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
We fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not our petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer them. Amen.

Dear God of life and healing, all of us stand in need of Your healing touch. Whether our malady is physical, psychological, or spiritual, we ask to be made clean. Restore us to the fullness of life and peace. Praying for you and your son.
God Bless You.

May our Lord heal your son and help him to carry his cross courageously, patiently and lovingly. May your family pray the Rosary togther every night and receive many graces through the daily Rosary, through deep devotion of our Lady. May God give you and your son strength and peace. Amen.

PRAYER AGAINST DEPRESSION
(By Saint Ignatius of Loyola)

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.