My professor involved in occultism - how can I help?

I got a professor at my university… he’s involved in shamanism, astrology etc… I’ve talked with him maybe 2 times about this and want to tell him something about Christianity. It was before I started to study apologetics. I learned he attended a lot of courses on that occult stuff, thrown out lots of money for that.

He was once telling me about making individual horoscopes (different from those you see in the newspapers). You need your date and place of your birth to make it. He offered me that I give him my info and he would record me my individual horoscope on a tape (the speech lastning cca 30 minutes, folks). I agreed under the condition that I would meet with him and criticize it then. He had nothing against it, he liked to talk with me.

In about a month he gave me the tape. I had strange feelings when I was about to play it. Now I don’t remember if I prayed before that or no… but I pushed the “play” button and found out that I could not understand it because the tape was playing so fast you didn’t recognize the words. I tried to fix it and play it on a few tape-recorders but (thanks God) with no luck. I gave the tape back to him and said what happened. He said it was strange as he tried it at home and everything went ok.

I mentioned this to one of my good Protestant friends (I’m personally Catholic) and he said I’m very very lucky it didn’t work out. I told him about the professor some things he was telling me and he calmly said, that it’s clear - the devil’s got him. Well, I didn’t think that was a silly thing to say at all…

I then arranged a meeting for them… They met… the result very briefly --> he started talking to him also about God (of course and great that he did… what would be the point otherwise…) and he didn’t much like it as he wanted to hear some Christian that understands these occult things… that sounds like a priest to me… I’m now thinking as I’m writing this, I should really send him to meet one that knows these occult things… I’m worried about him, God also wants him in heaven!

Any thoghts?

I glad to see that you are a prayer warrior, because that is the first step. The second step is ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit. Third, study the scriptures related to spiritual warfare.

I suggest, you discuss the meaning of principalities and powers. The occult ties into the demonic principalities and powers. White magic is really just Satan appearing as “an angel of light”.

Romans 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Ephesians 3:10
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 2:15
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Titus 3:1
Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

I think it is wise to ask him to speak to a priest.

If he likes to read, perhaps get him a good Catechism on the Catholic faith.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.