My quick story from last Sunday

This is a quick story that I wanted to share that happened this last Sunday. I was heading back from mass and just felt a little strange (the best way to describe it was that it felt like something was missing but I didn’t know what). I had just finished listening to a podcast and decided to turn on the radio. Not wanting to listen to what was on, I decided to flip through to see if I could find and Christian music. I randomly turned the dial to 107.3 (which I found out was not a Christian radio station based off the songs that played after lol) where I heard just what I was looking for.
The only part of the song that I remember is the artist saying “I say ‘I don’t belong’, but You say ‘You are Mine.’”. Hearing those words come out of the radio felt like they were coming from God Himself. I nearly had to pull over to the side of the road as I was crying tears of joy and relief on and off for about 10 minutes. It was so amazing. I just knew it was God reaching out and telling me to remember that I belong to Him, He loves me, and everything will be ok.

8 Likes

Amen, and everything is okay. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Was it this?

1 Like

That is actually a crossover hit and has received much airplay on pop radio stations as well as the Christian ones. I now greatly admire Lauren Daigle, who has performed on various national TV shows and made a very good video for this song.

I have a little “Suicide Prevention” YouTube playlist, and this song is on it, along with “Fear Is a Liar” and “No Longer a Slave”, “Fear” and “Beautiful Child” by Pauley Perrette, “Voice of Truth”, and “Love Yourself” by Mary J. Blige.

And I’m always open to extending that list.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.