My sin forgiven?

I wanted to ask that I went to confession to confess my big sins and I wanted to know that is it forgiven? I really need some self assurance and are a bit worried. Please do tell.

All sins mentioned in confession are forgiven. Trust in God’s unending mercy and forgiveness.
:slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback really hard time in my life and I believe that the answer is with god :slight_smile: bless you and everyone! May the trinity guide you through your hardships.

To have doubt, is to call God a liar. Be grateful for the Sacraments. They save you and make you Holy. God bless:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sometimes when we feel the way you seem to feel after confession…
The problem can be that although you went to confession and are forgiven…
Maybe you don’t forgive yourself, for what you did wrong…
I know I had this problem myself… Only after deep reflection trying to understand why you
Did this misdeed can you begin to forgive yourself…

This may help you. When I last went to confession, and confessed something fairly major, the priest told me I was forgiven and to fully let go of my sin. He told me “It doesn’t belong to you anymore. if you go back to it, if you hold on to it, it would be stealing.”

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Even the ones you forgot to mention. Even those who you did and did not even know were sins. God’s forgiveness is not imperfect, but perfect. It is a washing away, a stepping from darkness into light.

Unless, of course, you are aware of a mortal sin and willfully chose to not confess it (as in: “I did X, but I do not want to mention it. I will not mention it.”). That is a mortal sin in and of itself, to refuse to confess a mortal sin you are aware of. But other than that, if you did your best, then God will also do His best :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for your support I feel that it is me and that in my heart and soul I’m forgiven. Yet I still feel that guilty of commiting said sins but I believe the power of the trinity will see me through!

Is there also anyone that I can pray to for strength against temptation so that I may not do this again?

God bless you all! :blessyou:

I’ve had a hard time forgiving myself for some of my past; however, I remind myself that by doing so I’m saying that I am bigger than God. Is my own forgiveness higher and better than His? NO!

In my next confession, I told the Priest that I was still struggling with memories of past sins; he said that was normal, and to remember that God loves me, He has forgiven me.

God Bless.
Christina

Thank you so much for this, it put a smile on my face :smiley:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: Pride is one of my downfalls, so I have to remember that OFTEN when I’m being hard on myself.

Christina

P.s love the signature remind me to remember that God is always here and will always forgive.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.