My Son has left home

Please pray for my 18 year old son who left home 4 days ago and has not been heard from since. We have called him and left messages but he refuses to call us. This troubled kid has been arrested for marijuana possession twice in the last 2 months and is now violating his probation. He hates living in our home because he said we are too strict and demanding. We have tried to raise him as an honest and faithful person and he is certainly a kind person. Even the police who arrested him commented on how nice a kid he was. Now he has gone off the deep end and has cut himself off from his family. We are sick with worry and I have been diagnosed with major depression. This young kid has great potential but is lost.

Please pray for his conversion. Thank you.

Praying for your son and your family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Praying…

God in Heaven help this man and his family come to have peace and harmony in his household.Let his son see the err of his ways and find his way back home to his family and to you Lord.

My son was dead and is alive again. Was lost, but now he is found. Was blind, but now he sees.
We are praying for you and your family.:crossrc:

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Praying for your intention.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls"
“My Jesus, pardon and mercy, by the merits of Thy Holy Wounds”

Pray for Saint Monica’s intercession!!! She sufferred so much for her son and the Lord answered her prayers ten fold!!!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Consecrate him to Our Lady and to the Sacred Heart of Jesus [EWTN has these prayers online]. Then, ask Our Father to send the Archangels Michael, for protection from Evil, and Raphael, for healing, as addiction is a disease, not a character flaw…please, remember that. It is as if he had any other disease.

Also, remember that your son is also the son of God, and that he is a “project in the making” of Our Lord… he will surely become one of His masterpieces some day! :slight_smile: As some of the greatest saints [read St. Augustine’s Confessions] were before, great sinners. Don’t lose hope!

And, please be a loving parent first of all…whenever you see him or leave messages. He already knows right from wrong, but is caught in the web of addiction. What he needs is to be loved “as is”…and the self-esteem that he is a child of God and worthy of love, so that he may have the courage to “fight” the addiction.

Evil convinces him that he is worthless, a failure, that he has no hope, that he can’t win the fight, that he is “un-lovable”…:frowning:

I’ll pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for him and for your family. :slight_smile: It would help you [and him] if you became a “prayer warrior” for all who battle addictions, including him, by praying constantly…as much as possible!

Thank you Sunflower … You are right. He is a work in progress. We also live in Florida as you do. God Bless you and thank you for the prayers.

You’re welcome!

And, maybe reflecting on the Stations of the Cross might help…I know it helps me when I’m going through adversity, to reflect on the times Jesus falls, and how He has to pick Himself up…with a cross weighing down on Him…and once when He can’t, someone else comes to help.

Sometimes, people come to help, even if they don’t want to.

It’s good to remember how to go through the difficult times…the Stations teach us how to cope.

Your family is in my prayers, please keep mine in yours.:wink:

Maria

LORD Jesus
Guide ur Son

For your family-

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

My Son also left home about that age. I prayed daily and lit candles to the Blessed Mother and prayed for her assistance to watch over him until he could get him on the right path. It took some time, and trials but he is back, and getting closer to God every day.

I will at this moment light a candle for your son. Hang in there and trust Jesus and his Mother to watch over him. Remember she knows your pain, she know’s what its like for a Mother to suffer. Especially at this time.

Dear Mary please come to this Mother and give her the grace, and strength to carry this difficult cross that has been laid upon her. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you so much for all the prayers. We feel so helpless.

Dear Lord, please help Marco and his wife to cope with their disappointment and sorrow.

Mother Mary remembering how worried and sad you were when Jesus disappeared for days when He was twelve, please have compassion on these parents and their son, and pray for them with all your heart. Pray that this young man will be prevented from further harm, and that he can be cured of his addiction, and return to comfort his parents’ hearts.

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty yourself out upon us.
Oh Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us. I trust in You!

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty yourself out upon us.
Oh Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us. I trust in You!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.