My son

Please pray for my son Dominic. He is 11 and has been lying continuously lately and is not headed down a good path. He has been so wretched that my wife wants to revoke all Christmas presents from us and his grandparents.

Thank You,
Scott D.

Jesus was born as a gift to all us outrageous sinners. I will pray for your son and your family. I hope he gets his presents, I’d hate for him to think he can do anything to make Jesus not want to love him.

I will pray for your son Dominic as well as your wife and yourself as you work with helping Dominic during this trial of heading down a less than ideal path.
Mary.

I will pray for your son and your family. Obviously, knowing no details, any other advice may be inappropriate, so forgive me; but be careful of overly harsh punishments. When I was about the same age as your son, I failed one yearly quarter of Math. I was grounded for an entire semester (18 weeks), from everything. I had to drop all after school activities, no phone, no TV, no friends, could not attend family parties, could not play my musical instrument, could not read for leisure. If I was awake I had to do school work, whether it was assigned or just for principle. I guess my point is, use moderation and care that the punishment doesn’t cause more problems than the problem itself.

:gopray:

Will be praying for your family. :gopray:

When my nephew was 14 and giving his parents a horrid time I gifted a goat to a village in Africa in his name instead of a Christmas gift for his own use.

He received a card from World Vision on behalf of the village thanking him for his generous donation and now somewhere in Africa there is a goat that answers to the name Darcy.

He was not impressed but his parents thought it was a terrific idea. :smiley:

Well something has to be causing this behavior…you and the wife have some brainstorming to do before invoking divine interfearence.

As far as withholding Christmas presents I wouldn’t do that no matter how bad an 11 year old was…but I’m no expert. Good luck.

Praying for Dominic, you and your wife, Scott.

Praying hard.

Lord please hear our prayers for Dominic and I ask You would guide him and his parents to be able to help him to change his behaviour.Please grant strength to these parents and we pray Dominic will open his heart and mind and realise his behaviour needs to change.Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you we cry, poor banished children of Eve,
to you we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us,
and after this our exile,
show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.

praying

Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done on Earth-
As it is in Heaven.
Give us each day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb - Jesus,
Holy Mary - Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit,
As it is now,
And ever shall be,
World without end. Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, Oh most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, Oh clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Lord please hear our prayers for Dominic and I ask You would guide him and his parents to be able to help him to change his behaviour.Please grant strength to these parents and we pray Dominic will open his heart and mind and realise his behaviour needs to change.Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

O Infant Jesus, our beloved King,
through the hands of Your loving Mother,
we consecrate, Dominic,
Scott’s child to You.

Place him under Your protection,
save him from illness
and all harmful influence.

Keep him pure
and permit that he may grow,
like You, in grace and virtue
before God and men.

Bless Dominic, Infant Jesus. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done on Earth-
As it is in Heaven.
Give us each day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb - Jesus,
Holy Mary - Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the begining - is now,
And ever shall be,
World without end. Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, Oh most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, Oh clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,*
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother!
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
But in thy clemency hear and answer me.
Amen.
:orthodox_cross:

:crossrc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.