My son's father and his mental illness

My son’s father has completely abandoned us and totally ignores me after a very long good relationship. It was very sudden and unexpected. He was not this way before (we grew up together) and other than abandoning me and our son, he has cut himself off from all of his friends except one girl who encourages him to stay away from all who really care about him. He’s also had a few very sudden personality changes. There is a history of bipolar disorder in his family and his parents are afraid this is what’s happened. He is the right age and presents most of the symptoms but refuses to even go to a doctor for a diagnosis.
Please pray for him, that he can get away from the bad influences he is under and that he can get some help so that he can take his responsibilities and help our baby.
Also pray that he and I can reconcile so that we can at least have a civil friendship for our son.
But most importantly to me, pray that, if this is a hereditary problem, it does not pass to my son.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

I am praying for your intentions.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

You, your partner and your son will be prayed for on a daily basis. I pray that you all grow in love of the Lord and have all your needs met (spiritual, psychological and temporal). Peace!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

Jesus, please could You remove the hereditory aspect of this illness from this family, so that this little boy and any descendents are free from the illness. Please help Markie to cope with this painful situation.
Please will You enable a supportive and secure family situation for Markie and her son.
I ask Your protection and help for this mother and child, and for the baby’s father.
Thank You, Jesus

Father, in Jesus’ name please give healing and protection to the members of this family.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the begining, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.