My Soon-to-be-Wife

Father, I pray that you bless my fiance and I as our wedding draws near and I thank you for the blessings you have given us so far. I am humbled by all that you have given me at a young age and I pray that you give me strength as I try to be a good influence on my younger siblings and peers.

Lord, I lift up my fiance to you and I pray that you continue to heal her relationship with her father. I pray that you continue to soften his heart, Lord, and lead him to attend the wedding or invest himself in his daughter’s marriage somehow. Father, I pray that you give our pastor wisdom when he talks to her dad and that you let great healing come as a result.

Father, I thank you again for everything that you’ve given us and I ask that, above all else, Your will be done.

It is in the name of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus, I pray.

Act of Consecration to the Holy Spirit

On my knees before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I offer myself, soul and body to You, Eternal Spirit of God. I adore the brightness of Your purity, the unerring keenness of Your justice, and the might of Your love. You are the Strength and Light of my soul. In You I live and move and am. I desire never to grieve You by unfaithfulness to grace and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against You. Mercifully guard my every thought and grant that I may always watch for Your light, and listen to Your voice and follow Your gracious inspirations. I cling to You and give myself to You and ask You by Your compassion to watch over me in my weakness. Holding the pierced Feet of Jesus and looking at His Five Wounds and trusting in His Precious Blood and adoring His opened Side and stricken Heart I implore You, Adorable Spirit, Helper of my infirmity, so to keep me in Your grace that I may never sin against You. Give me grace O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son to say to You always and everywhere “Speak Lord for Your servant heareth.” Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying…

Lord, bless this couple about to be married with the abundant graces of your love. May their marriage be a happy and holy one and may they always find time to pray the rosary together and attend eucharistic adoration as a couple. May their pastor succesfully sway the bride’s father to be a part of the wedding and may you heal this daughter - father relationship. Amen.

Father, please abundantly bless this couple as their wedding draws near. We thank You for the blessings already received. We bless and praise you for this young man’s gratitude for all that You have given him. Please continue to give him and his fiancee strength and grace to be a good influence on younger siblings and peers.

Father, please continue to heal thi young woman’s relationship with her father. Please soften his heart, Lord, and lead him to attend the wedding or invest himself in his daughter’s marriage somehow. Father, please give their pastor wisdom when he talks to her dad and that You let great healing come as a result.

Father, I thank you again for everything that you’ve given this fine couple, and grant above all else, Your will be done with great love always, in this marriage.

We ask in the name of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Saint Rita intercede for this family…

I’d like to thank everyone for their prayers. As an update, her father met with our pastor over lunch. In the end, her dad said that he still was not planning on attending our wedding and he respects his daughter’s ‘right to do what she wants to do’.

Father, I thank you for the work you have done so far and I pray that you continue to work in this situation. Lord, move in her father’s heart to involve himself in the wedding in whatever way you see fit. I thank you for the love and mercy you have shown to us and I pray that, above all else, Your will be done. It is in the name of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus I pray.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.