My spiritual dreams

I ve have been having these spiritual dreams since I was 10 years old and I still have them,even more now. Recently my wife woke up in the middle of the night and was looking into the pupils of my eye and saw,what she says was a brilliant white light coming from out both of my pupils. She was amazed at what she was seeing and she said slowly the color came back into my eyes.

read some of my spiritual dreams here on my blog page.

www.myspace.com/stormchaser807
read,'The awakening continues…"
feel free to read any blog you want.

Let me kno wwhat you think about my dreams if you can.

Thanks!
Charlie

You appear to be a pretty vivid dreamer.

Peace,
Dante

yeah, I don’t do anything special to dream that way,I fall asleep like a rock like most people do but some nights are "Special"as I call them now. The last on ewas sitting at the right hand of Jesus while he explained the scroll in is hand to me.even more amazing is that he never says a word, its just communicated to me. no words at all.

thanks for reading!

PS,
alot of people may ask this after reading the stories but I do not use drugs of any sort. I drink a few Pepsi now and then but thats my limit!

So, is the “real you” being told anything by the “dream Jesus”, or is it just the “dream you” that is being told?

Peace,
Dante

Dear Dante,

Have you ever thought of seeing a Spiritual Director? You could ask your priest if there is one available in your diocese.

I heard a priest speak about spiritual direction once on Relevant Radio; he said to be sure your Spiritual Director also has a Spiritual Director.

Dreams can be very vivid, but not mean anything in particular.

I heard Roy Schoeman give his testimony on Next Wave radio show (EWTN) last week. The host is Stephanie Wood, Steve Wood’s dd. Roy is a convert from Judaism. He had a most vivid dream in which he said the Blessed Mother appeared to him and they talked; he said he felt like she was really present there, yet he knew he was sleeping. She allowed him to ask her anything (but he didn’t say what he asked). He fell in love with her. Read more at ignatiusinsight.com/features/schoemanintvw1_july04.asp

So, while I DO think God can speak to us via our dreams, I also think it is wise to consult a Spiritual Director to help us interpret whether this is really what it is or not.

God Bless and sweet dreams,
Mimi

Read more about Roy Schoeman at
salvationisfromthejews.com/author.html

There are several links there; some are his conversion story.

Also:
Sirach 34:1: A man of no understanding has vain and false hopes, and dreams give wings to fools.
2: As one who catches at a shadow and pursues the wind, so is he who gives heed to dreams.
3: The vision of dreams is this against that, the likeness of a face confronting a face.
4: From an unclean thing what will be made clean? And from something false what will be true?
5: Divinations and omens and dreams are folly, and like a woman in travail the mind has fancies.
6: Unless they are sent from the Most High as a visitation, do not give your mind to them.
7: For dreams have deceived many, and those who put their hope in them have failed.

Blessings,
Mimi

The path to spiritual perfection involves forsaking all visions, locutions, etc. which God gives to you, and relying on Him in obscure faith. I highly recommend reading St. John of the Cross in The Ascent of Mount Carmel.

-Rob

Hi
Did you see any dreams that later proved to be truthful in real life?
Could you interpret other people’s dreams?

Thanks

Don’t worry, from one dreamer to another I believe you, even saw Heaven as a child, I know I know “eye has not seen” :shrug: but it wasn’t until years later that I read Revelation and yes they were standing in long white robes.

Some have come true, I had a recent disturbing one, anyway as regards dreams, I just get them, but I can’t do much to prevent what happens, which makes me wonder why I am communicated this.

I try not to worry about them so much, I just write them down now so as not to add to them with my over active imagination.

Find a spiritual director.

I am loathe to jump on the bandwagon of spiritual dreams at all, especially considering the fact that studies of contemporary and historical excorcisms show that “dreams” are a wide open avenue of demonic inspiration.

I’m not saying your dreams are necessarily demonically inspired, but as you’ve certainly espoused teachings here which are not always in keeping with Church truth, I am skeptical at the very best of what these dreams are telling you (especially when they involve some vision of privatre revelation… remember, the devil thrives on feeding vice, and pride is one that can come from the feeling that one has recieved some true private revelation)

Personal locutions are considered off-topic for these forums. The reason is that, over the net, is simply impossible to distinguish clinical insanity, fraud, enthusiasm, or the very rare possibility of a genuine apparition. Dreams are acknowledged as not physical miracles, so have the same problems, but to a lesser degree.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.