My step-dad might have colon cancer - his is an atheist, please pray for his swift conversion

Even though I can’t imagine him ever becoming a Christian, please keep him in your prayers.

I just heard from my mom - she is an atheist as well. I didn’t even know what to say to her — have faith? keep praying? have hope? She has none of these things.

Sigh. It is just so sad. :crying:

Please keep them in your prayers, they can not/will not pray for themselves.

:frowning:

He will have a CAT scan tomorrow or Monday and surgery to remove the tumor that is near his liver early next week.

~Liza

Liza, I will pray for your step-dad and your mother, for their failth in God, and in prayers for your step-dad’s. Please find comfort in the knowledge of God’s great mercy, knowing that even in the last instant of life God will reveal His mercy to a soul, who in this moment can still welcome it. Remember too what Jesus said in Matthew 25, verses 31-46.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

That is all so very sad. I will pray for them.

I will pray for your step-dad and your mother
Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.:gopray2:

Praying for his health and conversion :slight_smile:

LORD Jesus
Heal and Guide ur Son

Thank you all so much.

~Liza

Praying for them both and also for you. This is such a burden for you to carry and may God comfort you during this time. May God somehow touch their hearts with His love for them. Please know I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. Diane

Liza-

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and your family. Please keep us posted and let us know if there’s anything else we can do.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.