My Story of Surrender...How I got here

I looked for a place to add this comment to but couldn’t so I decided to make a new post. Hope that’s OK.

How I got to where I am…

Everything that has happened which got me to this point in my life can be traced back to the night I lay down on the floor of my dining room and cried out to God that I was too much of a coward to kill myself and just surrendered myself to Him. I said, “You’ll have to kill me because I don’t have the courage to do it.” That was the beginning of my life being cleansed of everything negative and wrong.

I got up after giving up and stuff started happening, I got a job, I got a cancer diagnosis (but the new job gave me insurance benefits), I was purged of a negative influence in my life because of the cancer (I got my eyes opened of what could happen if I’d gotten what I thought I’d wanted), I got a new attitude and got my education and I got the courage to sell my house, load up my car and come to the Florida Keys without a job and not knowing but 2 people. I had to get rid of some more negative influences and dead end relationships and then I met my wonderful Denis. With him I have experienced unconditional love for the first time in my life.

The final negative in my life, my job, was removed in January and, although the blow to my self-esteem was tremendous, I am using this as an opportunity to finally fulfill my life long dreams of owning my own business and getting my teaching certificate. Work is coming my way without me even advertising, and I will begin classes in August to get my teaching certificate. I am totally at peace and excited about life for the first time in my life.

The epitome of this all is that I joined the Catholic Church at Easter Vigil this year.

My needs for today are met and that is all I need. Thank you for letting me share.

DARLA

Congrats on your happiness and joining the Catholic Church, dear sister!! hugs

Welcome Home! :thumbsup:

No, thank you for sharing! God never gives us more than we can handle. And He always gives us everything we need to fulfill the mission He has given us. Sometimes He has to “chastise” us in order to get us to turn our hearts back to Him, but that’s just because of the way we are. :slight_smile: (see Hebrews 12) May God continue to bless you.

Praise God He is truly amazing… I find myself crying of happiness as I still am in awe of his love for us as long as we give ourselves to him he is there with open arms :slight_smile:

Congrats to you and many blessings! I myself am thanking my Lord for all he does each moment for me and my family :slight_smile:

-Ellie

Beautiful testemony!!! Praise God!

And Welcome home. It is such a grace to know that the Catholic church is home!

Spirit :thumbsup:

I found this inspiring, thank you. :slight_smile:

“DARLA” Awesome! While reading your story, I felt an incredible warmth and presence of God washing over me. Thank you, dear soul… for sharing this amazing witness to the Love, Mercy and Power of God. May He continue to bless you abundantly.

Welcome to the Flock of Christ, and get ready to bear the Cross as your banner. Offer up to Jesus your sufferings, in union with His sufferings on the Cross, for sinners and the souls in Purgatory, and whatever intentions are in your heart.

Awesome story. Welcome to the flock and may God bless you and continue to show you the way!!:thumbsup:

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.