My tenth anniversary

this year will mark the passing of my slavery to the watchtower organization ending in july of 1997. how will i mark this year? by praying for all those who are still stuck in the falsetower to find freedom that i did.

so on my upcoming 10th anniversary, iam praying for all you jw’s who do not know what real freedom is, Jesus Christ. i will also pray a rosary just for you. i will pray that you are no longer slaves to that organzation, that you get out of it and
know that there is life beyond the watchtower organization!

so, on my 10th anniversary of being a free thinking Christian
and a devout Catholic, God bless each and every one of you who leave the falsetower. may your road out be short, and your road to Christ be full of joy and thanksgiving and praise of God.

my special thanks goes to Jesus for showing me the path to freedom. Thank you Lord Jesus. and praise be to You forever and ever. Amen.

Is it true that they punish you for learning how to read? What did they feed you. did you have a slave name??

no it isn’t. they punish you for reading non jw material. no i did not have a slave name. i stated that i was a slave to the society, meaning that i did everything they asked me to and more. i totally believed everything they told me. the racist remarks were regarding my mothers heritage, they slandered her and called her flithy names and did to me as well. iam glad i got out of there!

They really made racist remarks about your mother? Was that other members or was it leadership?

What a wonderful thing you are doing for those you left behind!!!

God Bless you.

Does it really matter?
If the leaders did not condemn it, they were wrong too.

yes they did make racist remarks about my mom, and myself and my family. especially my mother. the elders knew about it and did nothing to stop it. the ones who did it were my ex in laws, and i was told not to make waves, to let it go. my ex husband did nothing to defend me, as it was his brother, and his father that ridiculed my mother and myself and family.
it was not the governing body, only some of their members.
my ex husband even got into bashing my mother.

you want to know the ironic thing? my ex husband married a girl of the very nationality that they all ridiculed! his father was angry about it. but made peace with it, and now they fully accept her. this is like a kick in the teeth, not because he married her, or her nationality, but because they put me through hell over it. but, i have made peace with it even though it was like a kick in the teeth. i just thought it was totally hypocritical of them to attack me and my family, but then openly accept this persons nationality and not accept mine. hypocrits one and all, but that is old news.

yes it does matter. it mattered alot as i was put through hell over it. they were all wrong

Well it seemed to me that if you said, "It was members that slammed my mother…"
The other poster would say, “Well that’s the people and not the leaders.”

My point was that if the leaders did not stop anyone from being nasty to your mother, THEY were WRONG too.

So it really didn’t matter if it was individuals or not. IT WAS WRONG!

God Bless.

[quote=Marilena]this year will mark the passing of my slavery to the watchtower organization ending in july of 1997. how will i mark this year? by praying for all those who are still stuck in the falsetower to find freedom that i did.
[/quote]

After I’d left the Assemblies of God, I used to mark the anniversaries of that event, too. I understand the emotional and psychological pain you are still experiencing. It’s quite common for people who have left cults or cult-like groups.

It wouldn’t hurt to seek out a counselor to help you deal with some of the feelings, flashbacks, and other trauma of your experience. I wish I would have had someone to help me!

It took me years to move past the abuse I went through, and I credit the grace of God and the intercession of St.Dymphna and the aid of Our Lady. I will offer Mass this day for you and your family, who may also still be feeling the effects of the abuses you all suffered. :slight_smile:

Ahh… i got it your post now. Duh marilena, duh! :smiley:

i am not suffering mentally. i was in counseling, and it was wonderful. i do not have flashbacks. iam perfectly fine believe me. my goal is to help witnesses get out of the falsetower. i do not have trauma anymore. long gone john.:thumbsup: my family knew nothing about what occured, only when i told them long after i was out. i didnot freely associate with my family because it was forbidden as they were “opposers” my mom still does not know fully what they have said about her, and iam not going to tell her all of it because it would open old wounds and hurt her. she knows a bit but not all of it. my family knows all of it.

i refuse to hurt my mom. i wont do it. i love her. this is all old news so iam not going to bring it up. iam only here for the witnesses that want help and want out. my anniversary will be for them, not me.

Honestly, sometimes I’m not real clear.
But I feel it!!! :slight_smile:

ahh haa:D

[quote=Marilena]i am not suffering mentally. i was in counseling, and it was wonderful. i do not have flashbacks. iam perfectly fine believe me. my goal is to help witnesses get out of the falsetower. i do not have trauma anymore. long gone john. my family knew nothing about what occured, only when i told them long after i was out. i didnot freely associate with my family because it was forbidden as they were “opposers” my mom still does not know fully what they have said about her, and iam not going to tell her all of it because it would open old wounds and hurt her. she knows a bit but not all of it. my family knows all of it.

i refuse to hurt my mom. i wont do it. i love her. this is all old news so iam not going to bring it up. iam only here for the witnesses that want help and want out. my anniversary will be for them, not me.
[/quote]

You’re fortunate to have gotten such counseling. There was nothing like it when I left the AG in the early 80’s because cults were just beginning to be understood, and their impact on people.

I don’t understand the reference to hurting your mother by bringing things up with her that are over and done, though. I don’t recall writing anything about recalling incidents of abuse for your family members. Color me :confused: , but it’s OK. I no doubt gave you an impression I didn’t intend to or some such thing. :o

As to helping those who are still JW’s, I wish you all the best. It can be next to impossible to get people to see what they don’t want to see, as we all know from efforts to do so, yes? Sometimes all we can do is pray for them, and give them to the love, mercy, and grace of God. :slight_smile:

hi… i guess i misunderstood your post. my apologies!

Welcome home for the 10th year Marilena!

ty:thumbsup:

Praise God and congratulations to you on your 10th anniversary.

Maybe on your 10th anniversary you could donate blood too. :wink:

i would if i didn’t have a bit of anemia:(

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.