My Uncle....

So, it’s been about 2 1/2 years since what I am about to explained happened. My Uncle who married my Aunt (he’s not related by blood) started drinking… a lot. He started drinking back in about 2008 maybe 2009. I’m not exactly sure but it was around that time. Unfortunately, after years of drinking multiple alcoholic beverages every single day he messed up his brain really really badly. My aunt found him collapsed down the stars in their house and she called the ambulance. He was taken to the hospital and he was in stable condition. However, he had now developed something called “Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome.” Also known as “Wet Brain syndrome.” He has impaired memory and can’t do basic things, such as going to the bathroom, on his own. Most of the time, he is confused and has no idea what is going on. He thinks it’s the early 2000’s and he actually thinks Bill Clinton is still president. I’m not even kidding. When ever someone asks him what the date is he’ll usually say it’s 2000 or 2001. He one time even thought it was as early as 1998 at one time. Its almost like his brain has been set back 15 years. He thinks I’m still a teenager and whenever I visit him he either does not recognize me, or he tells me that I look so much older from the “last time” I saw him. It’s sad. My aunt on the other hand has been coping. She became an Evangelical. My mothers side of the family are all Episcopalians. But when my mom married my dad she became Catholic. So my aunt was basically a non practicing Episcopalian but now after the loss of her husband she “found Jesus” and goes to a Baptist Church. Which is good. I’m happy for her. Even though sometimes we get into theological debates on Facebook.

Anyway, I’m just asking you pray for my Aunt and my Uncle. I am also wondering if perhaps my Uncle has a chance at salvation? He did put himself in this situation, but he can’t get out now. He doesn’t even know what is happening to him. He can’t possibly repent and come to God on his own.

Prayer of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton:

O Father, the first rule of our dear Savior’s life
was to do Your Will.
Let His Will of the present moment
be the first rule of our daily life and work,
with no other desire
but for its most full and complete accomplishment.
Help us to follow it faithfully,
so that doing what You wish
we will be pleasing to You.

Amen.

As to the salvation of your Uncle: Until one’s life has ended there is always hope.
REMEMBER: “Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, His mercy endures forever.”, PS 118:1

Praying for the intentions of your Aunt & Uncle.

I will pray for strength for your aunt for this situation and for your uncle’s well being.

Mary.

Praying. Have a Mass said for your “Special Intention”.

Keep praying for him. If you can, place a Green Scapular in his house. Ask a priest to visit him.

Hail Mary
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death
Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Praying for your aunt and uncle…
+

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.

Flos Carmeli

Praying for thephilosopher6’s intentions. :gopray2:

Tuesday’s rosary and Devotion to the Infant Jesus of Prague went out to all the petitioners on this board; that includes you.

May the Peace of the Risen Lord be upon You.

May your uncle eventually receive and understand the mercy of Our Heavenly Father.

A prayer to Mary, Helper of the helpless

Holy Mary, Help the helpless, strengthen the fearful. comfort the sorrowful, pray for the people, pray for the clergy, intercede for all women and men consecrated to God; may all who honor you experience the powerful help of your assistance,

Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may god rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal thephilosopher6’s Uncle. You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into thephilosopher6’s Uncle’s body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

Praying for your uncle…

Remembering your aunt and uncle in my daily prayers. God bless.

What you should do is say the Rosary daily,for Our Lady will come to your aid,or Pray to St Anthony ,he two has help out many of people, but never give up on GOD,s love, Jesus his son,or Mary, Jesus mother, I always say the Rosary daily, for Iknow she will come to my aid.May all thing,s work out for you. AMEN :gopray2::gopray2::gopray2::bible1:

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defence against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

:angel1::angel1::angel1:

Continuing to pray the novena prayer to Our Lady of Mount Carmel for your aunt and uncle…
+
O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity.
O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.
O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.

Flos Carmeli

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.