My vocation

I finally got the courage to contact our Diocese’s vocation office about becoming a deacon and I’m meeting with someone this weekend.

I haven’t the faintest idea where it will lead, but please pray for me as I start the beginning of what may be a discernment process, and that me (and my family) will be open to God’s will.

+JMJTJ+

Praise God!
You will be in my prayers.

May His perfect will be done.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

That’s wonderful, Karl! God bless you for your courage and your aspirations. I pray that if it’s the Lord’s will you will go ahead with abundant grace for the Parish, for your family and yourself.
May the Holy Spirit be with you in this meeting, and always!

Bless you Karl in you discernment. You are in my prayers.

I’ve also discerned this vocation for a very long time. I missed the age cutoff for my diocese’s upcomming classes so now its about a 5 year wait for me.

Father,
Please provide for us holy men to answer your call for the diaconate. Their ministry of evangelization, charity, and service is so vital to the church today. As married men, let them also be an example of the domestic church to our young families in order for them to also foster vocations.
Guide their journey of formation and let your Spirit provide them the support and encouragement they need.
We ask this in Jesus’ name,
Amen

How wonderful for you Karl! I will keep you and yours in my prayers.
Kathy

Praying for you!:thumbsup:

Karl, I pray that God will place on your heart his mission for you. May he also give you the strength to recognise it and embrace it.

God be with you and Bless you…

Stephen.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

How wonderful, Karl ! :thumbsup:

May The Holy Spirit continue to guide & support you in God’s perfect Will, for you.
Praying for your family, too.

:crossrc:

Praying for your vocation…

Ven. Pius XII, you were a strong model of the holy orders in our age, pray for the spirit of fortitude for Karl, the mental and spiritual health for him to give himself to the Church, and to the Lord God who sees all and is pleased, and also his physical wellbeing. Guide him in his journey, we pray Karl finds solace in his vocation.

Amen.

Karl I am praying for your vocation. I am becoming an oblate at the local convent and we will soon be having a spiritual day. I will devote special prayers for you and your family. It is such a wonderful thing that you feel this calling. Praying for you and your familly!

Love and God Bless,
Tommy:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.