My Vocation

I have discerned that I have a calling to religious life and I've known this for a year and a half. I can't escape that God is calling me to live for Him alone. This gives me nothing but peace and happiness when I think about it and I have accepted His request to become a Sister. I applied to a religious order in February 2009, but I have discerned that it was not quite time yet to enter anywhere. Now, I am discerning with another order that I am really excited about and whenever I think about them, I get a great big smile on my face. I've spent quite a lot of time with both the male and female members of the religious community (friars and sisters) and I feel this is THE place, but to be really sure, I'm going up in January 2010 to make a visit to the convent for a vocations retreat. It took every ounce of me to make the move to do it because I was a bit nervous with the idea that I could end up not wanting to leave, but I am just putting my trust in God that He will provide.

I've fortunately qualified to receive unemployment so that I can pay off my debts, which is a huge weight off my shoulders! :extrahappy: But I am still trying to find a spiritual director and a job (if I'm meant to have one). If I can't find a job, I plan to go to school and finish up my college degree (A.A. degree) and do volunteer work. If everything goes well and there are no hindrances to my entry in September, I plan to ask for an application on retreat. I'm definitely praying that the Holy Spirit guides me so I don't move too quickly. They also have a retreat in March that I might go to just to spend more time with the Sisters.

Please keep me in your prayers that I make a good decision in patience and fidelity to Our Lord. God bless!

For the intentions of DaughterOfMary6 and her discernment process:

PRAYER FOR CHOOSING A STATE OF LIFE

From all eternity, O Lord,
You planned my very existence and my destiny.
You wrapped me in Your love in baptism
and gave me the Faith
to lead me to an eternal life
of happiness with You.
You have showered me with Your graces
and You have been always ready
with Your mercy and forgiveness
when I have fallen.
Now I beg You for the light
I so earnestly need
that I may find the way of life
in which lies the best fulfillment of Your will.
Whatever state this may be,
give me the grace necessary
to embrace it with love of Your holy will,
as devotedly as Your Blessed Mother did Your will.
I offer myself to You now,
trusting in Your wisdom and love
to direct me in working out my salvation
and in helping others
to know and come close to You,
so that I may find my reward
in union with You for ever and ever.

Amen.

PRaying for you.

Wonderful! Praying for you in your vocation ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Daughter of Mary,

I applaud you for following your heart. I will encourage you to pursue the vocation only because I believe only the few blessed ones are able to hearken to the call and serve the Lord.

I can only pray for you everyday, that is the least I can do to help you. I bet you will face many challenges but let the joy of service to the Lord be your strength.

pax

Odopa

Praying for your success. God bless you!

You all are awesome. Thank you so much. God bless! :thumbsup:

Praying that you follow God's calling all the way, patiently and persistently. May this community you have found be a holy, happy community of sisters and a blessing to you and all within the order. May there be nothing to inhibit your entry in September, and may you be guided by your guardian angel when you fill out your application. May your heart burn with love for God all the days of your life, and may you grow into one of the holiest, most beautiful sisters a community could possibly produce under the gentle guidance of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Seriously, ready, you are going to make me cry. Your prayers are both beautiful and inspiring. God bless you!

I wanted to add some completely wonderful news! I made my final payment on my credit card (which has been inactive since 2007 and has been closed by the bank for inactivity) last night!!! :extrahappy: :extrahappy: I have already fulfilled all the payments for my line of credit on Thursday and had the bank take away my credit on that because it was problem since I would find ways to take money from it every so often and I can’t afford that. So, I am COMPLETELY, 100% DEBT FREE!!! I can’t thank Jesus enough for the grace and blessings He continues to bestow on me. This is a HUGE step forward in my life, not only in my discernment, but also my financial well-being. :thumbsup:

Also, I am leaving for the convent for the vocational retreat on the 13th in the afternoon (5 more days!), so I am really siked to be able to tell the vocation director the good news about being debt free! That’s really the only thing that was working against me because I had no real way to pay it off. It’s going to help everything.

I also had a job interview yesterday which went pretty well and I expect to hear from them on Monday, 1/10/10 (lol, that’s kind of funny), on whether or not I have the job, and then I will start when I return from the retreat (the following Monday). They wanted me to start on Wednesday (the same day I’m leaving), so I told them the truth and was glad when they acted as though it was not a problem. I made sure that they knew that I was really interested in this job. I plan to send a thank you note in the mail this morning to thank them for their time and consideration. Please keep my intentions in your prayers! Thank you and God bless all of you who prayed for me already. :smiley:

Dear DaughterofMary6,

That's totally awesome that you are now debt free! Praise God! Now the sisters don't have to put off accepting you as a postulant.

I pray you have a blessed retreat with them and that you get that job you will be hearing from tomorrow. May God be with you on your retreat and speak intimately to your heart and let you know if this is the right community for you. It sounds like it is; may the Lord give you his confirmation.

If that job you just interviewed for is the right one for you, the one God wants for you, then you will get it. Peace!

[quote="ready, post:10, topic:181468"]
Dear DaughterofMary6,

That's totally awesome that you are now debt free! Praise God! Now the sisters don't have to put off accepting you as a postulant.

I pray you have a blessed retreat with them and that you get that job you will be hearing from tomorrow. May God be with you on your retreat and speak intimately to your heart and let you know if this is the right community for you. It sounds like it is; may the Lord give you his confirmation.

If that job you just interviewed for is the right one for you, the one God wants for you, then you will get it. Peace!

[/quote]

Thank you again. God bless! :)

[quote="DaughterOfMary6, post:11, topic:181468"]
Thank you again. God bless! :)

[/quote]

You're welcome! God bless you, too!:)

Blessings on your walk in faith toward Jesus!
Prayers,
mlz

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.