My wife is pregnant!

So, this morning we found out we're having baby no. 7.
We already have 4 girls and 2 boys:
Jared, 14
Alyssa, 11
Patrick, 10
Isabella, 6
Mary, 5
Keilynn, 2 1/2.

We really want to name this baby after St. Gerard of Majella - we are devoted to him and he has help us grow closer to Christ and obtain the blessing of this pregnancy.
I'd like to say Happy Lent.
Maybe any of you with expecting wives/expecting yourselves could chat about their situatuions.
Lorina's about 2 months along, the doctor said, and everything seems fine. She's got a bit of nausea though...:(

Go join the Pregnant Mama's thread. Daddy's can be there too!!! Why not!!!

Congratulations.

Congratulations & wonderful news!

:dancing:

Congratulations!!! :D

:thumbsup: Congrats to all of you!

Good for you :)

congratulations

Interesting. Something about all your posts has given me pause all along, they have been just a bit off, and have rather reminded me of chain pulling questions and limit testing of teens, (i.e, “Happy Lent” in your first post above ). Now, I find that the information contained in your post above contradicts the information found in your post below. Did you just happen to forget the ages of your daughters? The oldest is 9 and the others are all under 4, remember? :rolleyes:

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:8, topic:231868"]
Interesting. Something about all your posts has given me pause all along, they have been just a bit off, and have rather reminded me of chain pulling questions and limit testing of teens, (i.e, "Happy Lent" in your first post above ). Now, I find that the information contained in your post above contradicts the information found in your post below. Did you just happen to forget the ages of your daughters? The oldest is 9 and the others are all under 4, remember? :rolleyes:

[/quote]

oops, I suppose I messed up

ooops! Busted! :rotfl:

Gosh, it's not even 4/1 yet!

[quote="Catholic90, post:10, topic:231868"]
ooops! Busted! :rotfl:

Gosh, it's not even 4/1 yet!

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

His Tylenol thread, which has apparently been removed, would have been a perfect fit for 4/1.

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:11, topic:231868"]
:thumbsup:

His Tylenol thread, which has apparently been removed, would have been a perfect fit for 4/1.

[/quote]

:confused:

Are you guys being cruel to the OP?

[quote="Serap, post:12, topic:231868"]
:confused:

Are you guys being cruel to the OP?

[/quote]

No. Just calling someone out when he was obviously playing all of us. But, now that that has been clearly established, I'm out of here.

[quote="bieby, post:1, topic:231868"]
So, this morning we found out we're having baby no. 7.
We already have 4 girls and 2 boys:
Jared, 14
Alyssa, 11
Patrick, 10
Isabella, 6
Mary, 5
Keilynn, 2 1/2.

We really want to name this baby after St. Gerard of Majella - we are devoted to him and he has help us grow closer to Christ and obtain the blessing of this pregnancy.
I'd like to say Happy Lent.
Maybe any of you with expecting wives/expecting yourselves could chat about their situatuions.
Lorina's about 2 months along, the doctor said, and everything seems fine. She's got a bit of nausea though...:(

[/quote]

congratulations about the baby

try the following to help with the nausea...rice, banana, yoghurt, ice lollipops, ginger cookies, ginger beer, toast, crackers lol

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:13, topic:231868"]
No. Just calling someone out when he was obviously playing all of us. But, now that that has been clearly established, I'm out of here.

[/quote]

do you just think it may be possible that he made a mistake, error?

Playing? Who really cares, he'll have to answer for that one, not us.

Congratulations to OP for the pregnancy!!!!

[quote="DJgang, post:15, topic:231868"]
do you just think it may be possible that he made a mistake, error? ...

[/quote]

No, I don't think it is possible that he just made an error. It would be a huge error for a man to forget the ages of not just one but several of his children, don't you think? Also, I've read several of his posts and they are all just a bit off. The Tylenol one was way over the top.

[quote="DJgang, post:15, topic:231868"]
...Playing? Who really cares, he'll have to answer for that one, not us. ...

[/quote]

Of course, you are correct. Truly, this isn't a huge thing for him or for me. I guess I shouldn’t have pointed out the obvious contradictions he posted and just left it alone. When I saw this thread, I suppose I just wasn’t in the mood for games and someone (a teen perhaps) just goofing off and having a little fun with the faithful on CAF. I have kids too and nieces and nephews and sometimes you have to clear the air and let them know the jig is up, so I did. I figured it would be okay and not too uncharitable in this anonymous forum to do that. But, I guess I should have left that to the moderators to decide.

Moving on.

Congrats!!! I'm sure it's just as exciting the 7th time as it is the first, which is where my wife and I are at!

All, I am sorry if I offended anyone with my posts in this thread. I thought I was being helpful to serious posters, not uncharitable to the OP.

My instinct, intellect and evidence say his posts were not just a mistake. There are just too many things that are off, i.e. “Happy Lent,” “pregnancy god,” contradictory information contained in different threads, the Tylenol story. All of that and more suggested to me that this was not a serious poster, but someone young messing with the folks at CAF and having a bit of fun until he was found out.

But, I apologize for making the point. Next time, to avoid offense, I will just exercise the option to ignore the threads with flags and not share my observations.

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:18, topic:231868"]
All, I am sorry if I offended anyone with my posts in this thread. I thought I was being helpful to serious posters, not uncharitable to the OP.

My instinct, intellect and evidence say his posts were not just a mistake. There are just too many things that are off, i.e. “Happy Lent,” “pregnancy god,” contradictory information contained in different threads, the Tylenol story. All of that and more suggested to me that this was not a serious poster, but someone young messing with the folks at CAF and having a bit of fun until he was found out.

But, I apologize for making the point. Next time, to avoid offense, I will just exercise the option to ignore the threads with flags and not share my observations.

[/quote]

I don't think you did anything wrong at all. Why do people think that being charitable is never saying a word in opposition?

I cannot believe I am being treated so cruelly.
I was rushing off to pick my son Jared up from a musical lesson, and ended up screwing up on the kids' ages with the mantilla post. I was thinking of my nieces and nephews and typed their ages by accident, because the nine year old girl Shanelle had her birthday last week and I was jsut so preoccupied with a million things. My wife is suffering with severe nausea and you're lucky I'm even responding to this abuse.
All of my posts are legit, I apologize if anyone did not see that.
We're going to the priest today (yup, the super-rigid Tylenol one) to give my wife a blessing so maybe she'll get heal from this discomfort.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.