My wife wants a divorce. Please pray for me

My wife does not want to be with me anymore. We have been living together since 1993 and have been married since 2000. I have had anger issues all my life and she has had to listen to my long rants countless times through the years. I have hurled numerous insults and occasionally threats at her and she has finally had enough. I don’t blame her, mind you.

I’ve been a fallen-away Catholic for most of my adult life and I have attempted to go back to the Church several times over the years. But in the last year and a half it felt as though God was pulling me back to the Church stronger than ever- and I answer the call. I am currently on my third trip back in this last year and a half, and each time I returned my anger subsided more and more. Unfortunately, just when I’ve been making real improvements, my wife has decided to end it. After the last failed attempts she just can’t trust it anymore.

At the behest of my priest I’m currently in the process of seeking professional counseling for my issues, but my wife refuses to talk to anyone about anything. She is completely closed to any solutions. And on top of it all, she has started to spend countless hours on Facebook and other sites while drinking. She has been on the net drinking up to 12 beers till 6:00 AM on the weekends.

Needless to say- I’m an emotional mess right now.

I’ve dived into my faith in the last couple of months. I pray all the time for God’s grace to sustain me, and it has helped tremendously. I’ve started praying the Rosary with the intention to save my marriage, but I don’t know if that is God’s will. More than anything, I’m very frightened of the loneliness and despair that I will be facing when she leaves. The fear of that lonely hopelessness makes me panic sometimes. Especially now that the gloomy seasons of Fall and Winter are upon us.

I humbly ask anyone who would, to please pray for me.

I’m sorry I posted this long of a request, but I just feel better telling people about this.

So please, keep me in your prayers. And God bless everyone. :frowning:

I am so very sorry that your marriage has taken such a turn for the worst. :frowning: I will keep both you and your wife in my prayers. God bless you.

Praying hard.

I’m keeping you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I’ll be remembering you and your wife in my prayers every day. All the best.

Praying for your needs and those of family, adding prayers for the intercession of St. Elizabeth of Portugal, St. Monica, St. Edward the Confessor, patronesses and patron of difficult marriages that all will work out as you need it to. Praying to St. John of God that your wife does not develop an addiction to alcohol…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially, those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

We pray for families every single day. Lean on Christ for your strength, your love, your gentleness – may it all from Him working in and through you.

Still praying.

God bless you.
Gertie

Holy Spirit, with Your love, wisdom, and healing, please take action in their lives.

I am overwhelmed by your responses.

Earlier today I tearfully explained my feelings and concerns to my wife and she agreed to give us time to see how things go. I can’t believe it. Before, she was completely closed to any hope whatsoever. And to top it off, later, her folks dropped by to borrow a tool and stayed for a very pleasant visit. Her dad mentioned how unfortunate it was that several couples had just divorced after more than 13 and 16 years of marriage. Her parents know nothing about our troubles. We never told them. It was surreal. It was so healing. It left me speechless.

I know there are still serious issues that have to be addressed, but yet- I’m stunned at the hope and grace that God has given me this day.

Thank you all very much! Please keep me in your prayers. I can assure you, I will be thanking God for each and every one of you in my prayers tonight.

God bless all of you. :slight_smile:

Praying for the healing of you and your wife and your marriage…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Continuing prayers …

:gopray:

praying for your intentions.

Our God, I praise and bless and adore You for the light You have shone within this marriage this day. You have given clear indication of Your desire for this marriage to hal and flourish. Our God, may Your wishes be lavishly fulfulled in this marriage.
Thank You for You great mercy!

Many prayers for you both.

Peace,
Francesca

Glory be to the Father,
andto the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.