My wife wants a divorce

After many years of living with an unloving husband (me) my wife has said that she has had enough and wants a divorce. I can't blame her. I have been inconsiderate, verbally abusive and emotionally absent.

We have been separated for nine months and during that time I have really tried to change. I am in therapy and on the correct medications. My whole outlook on life has changed. But she says it's to late.

I feel so much guilt for the way I treated her. I am SO sorry for the man that I was. I feel so much pain that some days I don't know how I'll make it through the day. I had a beautiful family but I couldn't see it until it was taken from me.

I'm not Catholic, I don't know if that matters, but if you guys could PLEASE, PLEASE, pray for my family I would really appreciate it.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Dude, you wouldn't be asking for prayers at a Catholic web site if you were not directed here by God. We can take care of the 'non-Catholic' part later. Tonight I'm giving a talk to middle-schoolers about the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy we as Catholics are EXPECTED to perform. One, in particular that fits the bill here, is we must "#5- Bear Wrongs Patiently" and "#6- Forgive Injuries." I don't see a time limit on either. We must remember that in the Our Father we tell God to "forgive us our trespasses AS WE FORGIVE those who trespass against us." I'd say that if I were you, I would remind my wife of those facts, and ask her to give me like 90 days to prove I've changed: using marriage counseling, pastoral (priestly) counseling, and asking her what it would take for her to give me 90 days. After X-number of years of marriage and 9 months of separation, what's another 90 days? If you truly tried during this time to make good on your part to make ammends - and I mean REALLY tried (i.e. it would have to visibly have cost you something in time/effort/maybe $) then I'd say as long as you could explain everything honestly to God and the divorce is really and truly out of your control, then I'd suggest building on your Christian faith to ask for forgiveness and direction for the rest of your life. This is when you should consider joining Jesus' Church officially.
God Bless.

I am praying for you and for your family.

May God bless!

Praying for your family.

i'm praying for you too.

Almighty God and Father,
Please accept this repentant man's sufferings, offered up with that of Your Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Today, "Mighty Pawn" comes to You in deep sorrow for his past sins. We lift his intentions up to You in prayer, humbly asking that in Your mercy~ forgiveness, healing and peace will touch and mend his life.

O God, look with compassion upon this contrite man- a husband broken from his wife, a father separated from his children. If it is Your holy will, may they overcome past experiences and be reunited. If it is not to be, please keep this man safe from falling into desperation or despondency, giving him strength to carry on in faith, so that he may always proclaim, "Jesus, I Trust in You!"

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

+
O blessed Jesus,
give me stillness of soul in You.
Let Your mighty calmness reign in me.
Rule me, O King of Gentleness,
King of Peace.

~St. John of the Cross

My prayers are for you. That you may remain united with your wife.

Praying for you and your family ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

After eighteen years together and eleven years married my wife has left.

I have not found work in two years, and to be honest I have not been the best husband, I have been verbally abusive and physically at times. I am so deeply in pain over this, I am praying for her although I don't think she will come back, I'm pretty much lost for what to do.

help.

praying

Lord, hear our prayer.

We pray

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.