My work situation

I have worked for the same company for 7 years, and have always enjoyed it. Recently the company began a new cost cutting system where everything is timed (we have so many minutes to put out merchandise, so many minutes we’re allowed for ringing up a sale) we have to do more with less. Our store manager who wasn’t a great people person to begin with has become horrible to work for.

I already had one talk with her because she assigned me to put out heavy runner rugs last week. She knows I have a heart problem and she knows I just had a new pacemaker/defibrillator in March. Another employee asked our assistant manager if she could help me because she knew it was difficult for me and he said yes. The store manager came over when we were almost done and was angry that this employee helped me. She was pretty horrible the rest of my shift and I was too angry to have a reasonable conversation with her so I waited until the next time I worked with her to talk about it.

After our talk she apologized for not thinking about how putting out heavy rugs would be difficult for me. I explained to her more about my condition and told her I can do most things except those that are particularly physically laborous. The last couple times I worked with her there were no problems.

Anyway today I came in and we were unpacking a new shipment. She assigned me to the line with largest boxes that involved assembling furniture. She stayed on the line working along side me. When another line got backed up (a much easier line with small boxes) I offered to go help them and she said no I’ll go and left me with the large items. The assistant manager called me and asked me if I wanted to go to the bank (with another employee) to make the deposit. I gladly said yes to get a break and rest. My store manager asked me the call was and I told her. She snapped in a very nasty tone “You’re not going to the bank, he’s going to have to find someone else.” She also complained I assembled a table crooked (which it was not, you can ask my husband how irritated I get when things are crooked). She tried to force it and broke the table.

After the incident last week, another employee told me she thinks she trying to make the long time employees quit because we make the most money. I didn’t believe her at the time because she known at work as a gossip who likes to stir up drama but I think I believe her now.

I just had a great yearly review before this all started. I can see no cause for why she’s acting this way. But the physical labor and, worse yet, the stress of working with her is taking its toll. My husband is laid off and I really need this job. I also can’t afford to put more stress on my body.

Please pray that this situation gets resolved and I can go back to enjoying my work. Thanks so much!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

The indications don’t look so good, but please God things will turn around for you and your husband and he will get work.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Praying for you.

Praying for you, Rayne.

Melvin

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hopefully she does not want you to quit but instead is under a lot of pressure as you all are. I pray your company loses sight of the dollar and gains sight of your humanity

Thy Kingdom come.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Amen.

I am praying for your intentions.

Praying for your intentions…

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Oh rayne, I’m sorry! I will keep you in my prayers, that your manager eases up on you, and becomes more compassionate and understanding. I think everyone is under such pressure these days, many just aren’t thinking about how they come across. Praying things get smoother for you! ((hugs))

I ask the Lord to help resolve this situation unless he has a better job waiting for you

Thy Kingdom come.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.