[quote=JKirkLVNV]That’s that song, isn’t it?
“We remember how you loved us, to your death, and still we celebrate, for you are with us here. And we believe that we will see you when you come in your glory, Lord. We remember, we celebrate, we believe!” Then it goes on,“Jesus, Jee-hee-zus, youuuuu are the Lord!”, etc? Truly awful.
I think you’re crossing “We Remember” with “Servant Song” . I do stuff like that, too. Or maybe you have a truly disturbed music director. And yes, these shouldn’t be substituted for the memorial acclamation. They chose a particularly atrocious one for my daughter’s First Communion. It went something like" Jesus died upon the cross . . .Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior will come aga-in"
For the record:
Refrain: We remember how you loved us to your death, and still we celebrate, for you are with us here; and we believe that we will see you when you come in your glory, Lord. We remember, we celebrate, we believe.
- Here, a million wounded souls are yearning just to touch you and be healed. Gather all your people, and hold them to your heart.
- Now we recreate your love, we bring the bread and wine to share a meal. Sign of grace and mercy, the presence of the Lord.
- Christ, the Father’s great “Amen” to all the hopes and dreams of every heart. Peace beyond all telling, and freedom from all fear.
- See the face of Christ revealed in every person standing by your side, gift to one another, and temples of your love.
And that “Jesus, Jee-ee-sus” song:
- What do you want of me, Lord? Where do you want me to serve you? Where can I sing your praises? I am your song. Jesus, Jesus, you are my Lord. Jesus, Jesus, you are the way.
- I hear you call my name, Lord, and I am moved within me. Your Spirit stirs my deepest self. Sing your songs in me. Jesus, Jesus, you are my Lord. Jesus, Jesus, you are the way.
- Above, below, and around me, before, behind, and all through me, your Spirit burns deep within me. Fire my life with your love. Jesus, Jesus, be the warmth of my heart. Jesus, Jesus, you are the way.
- You are the light in my darkness. You are my strength when I’m weary. You give me sight when I’m blinded. Come see for me. Jesus, Jesus, you are my Light. Jesus, Jesus, you are the way.
- I am your song and servant, singing your praise like Mary. Surrendered to your Spirit, “Let it be done to me.” Jesus, Jesus, “Let it be done to me.” Jesus, Jesus, you are the way.