Mystical conversion testimonies?

Hello all,

I really enjoy listening to others’ conversions into the Catholic Church. Many of the ones you hear are “normal” and not necessarily mystical. I always like to hear stories about people who convert through having mystical experiences.

I recently found two online that I found really interesting: Roy Schoeman and Zachary King. They both have very different backgrounds, but interesting conversions.

Roy’s testimony: youtube.com/watch?v=kgHlD1AefcY
Zachary’s testimony: youtube.com/watch?v=uzIDI34dI-o

Are there any others that people can think of?

I know several converts who have had what I would call mystical conversions.

Mr. Schoeman has a book of Jewish conversions to Catholicism, Honey From the Rock, and several of those Jews had mystical experiences.

In fact, here’s a link to some on his website: salvationisfromthejews.com/alljews.html

I especially recommend this one: users.cloud9.net/~recross/why-not/Cohen.html

… as well as an extract from his own words:

“The singing and the palpable presence of supernatural power caused me to break out into fits of trembling. I felt both disturbed and moved. During the moment of transubstantiation, I was suddenly conscious of tears flowing from my eyes. God’s grace in all its strength poured over me….As I dissolved into tears, I was seized by a sharp sense of remorse for my past life. And suddenly, under divine inspiration, I made a general confession before God of all the sins I had committed in my life. I saw my faults before me, multiplied by a thousand, hideous and repulsive, inviting God’s wrath….And once again I felt a strange sense of peace, which poured over my soul like an oil of gladness—gladness that the merciful God would forgive me everything and, overlooking my crimes, have pity on me because of my remorse and bitter pain….Yes, I felt that He would forgive me, and, in a spirit of thanksgiving I resolved that I would love Him above all things, and convert. On leaving the church in Ems, I was as Christian as it was possible for an unbaptized person to be” (KK, p. 61).

The science fiction writer John C. Wright has a beautiful conversion story that I wish were better known. He was an atheist of great rigor, and his lovely wife Jagi is a devout member of Christian Science (and of Jewish heritage through her dad, who was a Christian Science convert but proud of his ancestry).

So yeah, he wasn’t expecting to become Catholic.

A short version of his story.

Here’s a longer version of it.

Neither of these are the really descriptive versions. I am sorry that I can’t find his moving description of meeting Mary in a vision. He described in great detail seeing her hands, and that they were the hands of someone who had worked hard all her life.

He also basically described all this as God having to hit him over the head with a 2x4 while He briefly had enough of Wright’s attention to get through to him.

This atheist (video) suffered a demonic attack in the middle of the night after challenging God to show Himself. He became a Christian right away (of course!) then found the Catholic Church. The attack part starts at about 9 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=a6Jx0CE_1Ho

Here are some mystical *reversion *stories:

Marino Restrepo - led back to God after being kidnapped and held for ransom in Colombia, and at which point he had a mystical experience with Jesus and Our Blessed Mother: youtube.com/watch?v=w4XW5jvR7R4

Moira Noonan - former New Ager and UFO chaser who had a mystical experience during Mass with Jesus, and also a mystical intervention to pray the Rosary instead of using a pendulum: youtube.com/watch?v=F-r3hJEq3nc

Gloria Polo - Reversion and NDE of a former Catholic who considered herself an Atheist: catholicbible101.com/neardeathexperience.htm

Fabienne Guerrero - former New Ager who had mystical experiences with Jesus and Our Blessed Mother: magazinelavoixdedieu.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/illumination-of-conscience-sign-and-wonders-pdf.pdf

Enjoy!

I just heard Fabienne Guerrero. I wonder what does the Church say about her?

There was one thing which disturb me a lot.

She said a child conceived from adultery will bear the sin of the parents up to 4 generations.

My Conversion Story

When I was about 15, I told my Dad one day, that no one should be forced to go to(Mass) Church (which he did force me to do) it should be ones free will, and I caused a big scene in front of my house about this, and he reluctantly agreed. From that point on, until I was about 27 (I’m 53 now) I didn’t go to Church anymore. Then one day while bored and kinda depressed I was laying on my bed flipping the TV channels, and I happen upon a TV preacher who was talking about Jesus.

For some reason I liked what he was saying, and agreed in my mind that it was true, then it …“Happen”… it’s hard to describe the feeling. It was like some kind of incredible G force pin me to the bed, and at the same time it seemed as if my spirit levitated a few feet above it, and instantly… Love and Holiness rushed into me.

It felt like my spirit exploded into particles of love and Holiness and every little particle was saturated with Love and Holiness too, I was incinerated in God’s Love !!! This feeling slowly subsided, and I came back to my senses, and with absolute knowledge that there is a God, and he loves sinners like me.

To make a long story short, a few month later after this experience I stumble upon my Dad’s Pieta Book, I took to it like a fish to water, and have gone to Church ever since .

Wow, that’s a really amazing story. Have you had other mystical experiences in your life, either before or after? Or was it only that one time?

What were the months immediately afterwards like, before you started reading the Pieta book?

Wow, that’s a really amazing story. Have you had other mystical experiences in your life, either before or after? Or was it only that one time?

About 5 years after this experiences one time while saying my Rosary it seem as if the Virgin Mary herself poured love and Ecstasy down on me, the feeling lasted for about a minute.

What were the months immediately afterwards like, before you started reading the Pieta book?

I was kinda of walking around in a happy cloud of enlightenment, but the TV preacher had no real Church to go to, so it just read the bible.After reading the Pieta booklet a remembered I was Catholic and everything was already set up for me.:smiley:

I had something similar to techno but mine was a dream.
my story is long but I’ll cut it down to I believed there could be a God but I started having angry thoughts about how God allows suffering and had thoughts that I shouldn’t pray. That night I had a dream where I felt like a gust of wind came through me and it changed me, it took away those angry feeling towards God and it let me know the thoughts had been from the devil.
When I woke up I felt like a changed person. I felt like I was loved and didn’t need to question God anymore.
I converted shortly after that!

Well, the Bible states in several places that God punishes children for the sins of their parents. For example:

“The LORD is slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the parents upon the children to the third and fourth generation.” (Numbers 14:18)

“You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.” (Deuteronomy 5:9-10; see also Exodus 20:5)

The LORD’s curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the abode of the righteous.” (Proverbs 3:33)

“Our ancestors sinned; they are no more, and we bear their iniquities.” (Lamentations 5:7)

When our ancestors gravely sin, they open the door for intergenerational curses to fall upon our family line. This is in the same way that all of mankind continues to suffer for the sin of Adam and Eve. However, God is faithful, He will remove the the curses that fall upon families by virtue of His law, if we offer repentance for our ancestors sins and renounce them. Renouncing recovers the ground given to Satan. You can offer to God a prayer such as this one: Prayer of Renunciation for Ancestral Sins. We can also have Masses said for our loved ones and offers prayers for their souls.

The best way that we can discover if there is an intergenerational curse upon our family line is to pray to Our Lady of Sorrows, asking her to reveal what is hidden. This is advised by exorcist, Fr. Ripperger. In another video, Fr. Ripperger stated that the most common curse he encounters in his line of work as an exorcist, is the Freemasonic curse. You may find Fr. Ripperger’s videos on spiritual warfare of some interest. Here are a couple from a conference he held on the topic:

Spiritual Warfare 1

Spiritual Warfare 2

Also, here are a couple of Catholic based articles written on the topic, which better explain ancestral curses than I have:

The Sins of Our Ancestors

Healing Your Family Tree

In regard to Fabienne, here is a link to her website: newagedangers.wordpress.com.

Her booklets which she has published have received the Imprimatur and Nihil obstat of the Church, which means that her books are free from doctrinal or moral error. It does not mean however, that those who reviewed it agree with the content, opinion or statements expressed by the author.

Fabienne has also posted a letter of recommendation from her Diocese and comments from several priests who have approved her testimony.

*Edit to add note about Fabienne

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.