NAB vs Vulgate

I'm under the impression that when Martin Luther added (and he did "+add+") the word "allein"
(alone) to Romans 3:28 (because the word "sola" was not present), he had radically altered
the "Formula of Salvation." Now that I have raised this point to someone, I am asked about
the Vatican approved New American Bible (not to be confused with the New American Stan-
dard
Bible), and how it stands up to the Vulgate (Latin Bible).

Unfortunately, I'm no Greek or Latin scholar, so I don't have the means to combat this challenge.
Does anybody know how the NAB stands up to the Vulgate? I'm only aware of this one word in
Exodus 22:18 concerning "witches" where I believe it should say "poisoner."

At last count I think I have 17 different versions of the Bible. Other than perhaps the bible used by the Jehovah Witnesses (which I do not own), While translations of words or phrases differ, never in a single instance have I seen a translation change the underlying message.

So, how does the NABRE stack up to the Vulgate? Just fine!

IMHO, The NABRE by itself is not a bad translation. It's the layout and notes that are in it most people, not all, have a problem with. I have yet to find a perfect Bible.

J
John, 6:68

I have seen Protestant translations alter texts. One I remeber real well is from the New Living Translation adding to the verse is 1 John where it says, If we confess our sins, he is faithful..... The NLT has If we confess our sins to him.... biasly inserting "to him" against the Catholic doctrine of confession. ****

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.