Name 5 films you have seen 5 times

My Cousin Vinny
Doc Hollywood (the one with Michael J Fox)
The Lord of the Rings (The Two Towers)
Star Wars ( A New Hope)
Legally Blonde

The first two are very funny and I could quote lines from them :laughing:

1 Like

That line from My Cousin Vinny when they are in court and Joe Pesci asks Marisa Tomei: “Are you suuure?” My husband says that to me in just that way and I always answer “Positive!”

We are a family that speaks in film dialogue quite often, lol!

4 Likes

I could only watch Schindler’s list just one time.

2 Likes

Round 2…
1 Demolition Man
2 Miss Congeniality
3 A Knight’s Tale
4 The Producers - the original
5 The Producers - the remake

2 Likes

I know but I can’t stand Scarlett’s conniving to get beaux/husbands. (Sorry for spoiling the movie for those who haven’t seen GWTW.)

1 Like

A whole bunch of “chick flicks”… :wink:

Patton
The Godfather
Godfather II
Goodfellas
Animal House (the soundtrack of my misbegotten youth)

2 Likes

:rofl: I don’t think too many people are concerned about spoilers for an 81 year old movie.

On one geek group I’m a member of, the rule is, you have to include a spoiler warning if the movie/show is a year and a day old, or less. After that, it’s fair game.

2 Likes

LOL… My Cousin Vinny is such a funny movie and it has great quotes! I still say “yutes” all these years later.

The movies I’ve seen many times are:

1. Jesus of Nazareth (Seems it’s on TV every Easter).
  2. Demolition Man (Love this movie!).
  3. Kung Fu Hustle ( This movie is hilarious ! ).
  4. A Christmas Story (Of course, this is on TV every Christmas).
  5. High Noon (SUCH a great movie).
3 Likes

More.:…

Karate Kid
Karate Kid 2
Karate Kid 3
The Proposal
Miss Congeniality
The Blind Side

2 Likes

Last Five for me: These are lesser known (perhaps for a reason) but are still very good, in my opinion.

1. The Way (Martin Sheen, about a father finishing the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela started by his late estranged son.
  2. Mr Mom (Michael Keaton) - sentimental comedy about a recently laid off dad.
  3. My Life (also Michael Keaton, Nicole Kidman) - a man comes to terms with a fast moving fatal cancer. Very touching.
  4. I am Sam (Sean Penn, Michelle Pfeiffer) - a mentally challenged father tries to win back custody of his beloved young daughter.
  5. A Few Good Men (“You can’t HANDLE the truth” (Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore). This one is a more well known film.
1 Like

A Few Good Men

I thought Jack Nicholson was just superb in that role.

Trivia: Nicholson’s line was different from “You can’t handle the true.” but he ad libbed the line and the director went with it.

2 Likes

I am Sam is really sad.

I saw that a while ago.

That’s one movie I wish TCM would have more often. I’ve only seen it once or twice and would love to see it again.

1 Like

1.The Sound of Music

2.Pride and Prejudice (Jennifer Ehle/Colin Firth)—ok so not really a movie…

1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

2. The Scarlet Pimpernel (Anthony Andrews /Jennifer Ehle) —also not really a movie

3. Airplane

4. The Blues Brothers (original)

Two these are not really feel films but tv miniseries , but I couldn’t help myself…

Edited to add “White Christmas”—a yearly tradition

1 Like

To name just five:

Lawrence of Arabia (I think I could happily watch all four hours of this every day, given the chance!)
A Man for all Seasons
Mary Queen of Scots (the 1971 version with Vanessa Redgrave and Glenda Jackson)
The Ladykillers (1955 version)
The Vikings (with the late Kirk Douglas)

1 Like
  1. Seven Samurai
  2. Blade Runner
  3. Goodfellas
  4. Chariots of Fire
  5. Saving Private Ryan

“Everybody needs somebody…”.

2 Likes

For me it was sad beginning, sad middle with some intermittent humor, with happy and touching ending

1 Like

My religious list:

A Man for All Seasons
The Mission
Millions
Sullivan’s Travels
Mr Magoo’s Christmas Carol (this really is the definitive one, don’t listen to those people touting Alistair Sim)

1 Like

Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol is pretty good.

Little Mr. Magoo singing how alone he was. :sneezing_face:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.