Name the last thing you ate and drank

Bowl of popcorn. Slice of parmesan. Glass of milk. Glass of orange juice w/ brewer’s yeast - blenderized. (in reverse order)

Can you taste the Brewers yeast?I sometimes take apple cider vinegar (mother)
but struggle with the taste :grimacing:

:smile: Hope you are sitting down. I actually like the taste of it - when it is blended with orange juice. Don’t ask me why. I have no idea. I do this every Friday. It does have to be a special kind; other brands I hate. I order it online. I went vegetarian when I was 14 and my dad told me brewer’s yeast was good for vegetarians; I did it a lot when I was like 17. Kind of a walk down memory lane…I just took it back up about 6 years ago. I don’t expect others to understand it. :wink: No worries.

:weary: …was sitting thank goodness.I think yeast is high in vitamin B’s
I do like vegemite and marmite :slight_smile:

Yes, it has a good amount of a lot of things, including iron and B vitamins. It is quite expensive. I only eat two tablespoons a week in my one glass of orange juice so I am a little skeptical of how many nutrients I am really getting; sounds a little too good to be true - I keep it in the fridge for a couple of months. But is it about the taste - again I realize and accept that you are not on board with that :slight_smile: but I just LOVE it. If it makes you feel better I don’t think I know anybody who agrees with me on this…

https://www.vitacost.com/twinlab-brewers-yeast?csrc=PPCADW-&mtp=s0aBZu3Zi-dc|pcrid|166840069599|&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmITRBRCSARIsAEOZmr5PLbBmCtvAhTQFAKzoh1cnVC8F8-Lv0E_NOarYzOastv4F-yBzf-oaAjq6EALw_wcB

I love malt from the health shop…maybe it might mix well.
Macca is something that gives me a real energy boost .My son tells me if you pinch your nose then you can’t taste :slight_smile: I might trial Brewers yeast for a few months.

Ah…a convert. Excellent. I await your report. And it does have kind of a malty thing going on. If you like malt, you might just like brewer’s yeast.

I LOVE malt…also hops…I’ve been a homebrewer for 35 years…

Tostitos and 7-layer dip, homemade chili, and a good pale ale.

Whopper, fries and Coca-Cola.

And just now, seltzer water w my nighttime meds.

Kale salad and a pork chop,berries for afterwards

Toaster Scrambles, Southern Comfort Eggnog (non-alcoholic) and seltzer water.

A Subway Reuben with brown mustard and horseradish sauce, a good kosher dill pickle, and a very good German lager.

An apple and a very small Port. (Wine that is ,)

They still have the Reuben? Awesome! I hope they still have it Wednesday. I would love that to be the first thing i eat after my surgery.

Haven’t eaten anything yet but getting ready to make toast.

Some fried chicken lauriat and iced tea

My mother found a recipe for baked okra and couldn’t wait to try it. We’ve decided we prefer our okra fried.

I haven’t had okra for years :slight_smile: Is it readily available in Supermarkets?
Had Cheese balls and tic tacs while watching Perfect Storm (I ate them too quickly as the movie was gripping!)

Yes, Greenfields, it’s readily available in supermarkets. I was surprised to see it on special, a Buy One, Get One Free or as we used to call it, a 2 fer. I bought two more lbs of okra yesterday and plan to grow my own next year when I hope to have a garden again (if nothing happens to my mother which is why I didn’t have one this year).

Love cheese balls. Do you buy them or make your own? I’m going to try and make my own this year. I usually get them at Walmart or Kroger. Wish Publix would have them. I can’t get enough of them.

I just finished eating some Toaster Strudel (strawberry).

I just buy them.I tried growing okra once, no luck :slight_smile: Berries almost ready here on the bush,looks like a year for pumpkins in my garden!
Having coffee now :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.