Nancy Pelosi just admitted that Democrats have nothing on Trump

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Monday that she’s against impeaching President Trump “unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan.” Which is exactly the point — there isn’t.

:joy:

1 Like

And I’m glad…impeaching him, if resulting in a Senate conviction would still leave us with Pence…waiting until 2020 gives us the opportunity to drain the cess pool.

3 Likes

The cesspool seems to reside in the freshman class of the House.

2 Likes

charges from moderate Democrats that she is making it harder for them to win re-election in 2020.

So the purpose of impeachment is to circumvent the will of the states and people who elected the president rather than to address crimes?

2 Likes

Seems to me that both parties are in shambles and many citizens are irate and incapable of listening to their neighbors. It’s a recipe for disaster.

1 Like

Ya know, you could impeach/remove Trump and still vote out Pence in 2020. I have a feeling that your whole “i’m glad…” sentiment, if boiled down, is really just an admission that Dems have nothing on Trump and that impeaching him would be politically ruinous, but you can not readily admit that so you came up with the “i’m glad…” thing.

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem at all difficult for me to believe that some who dislike Trump would prefer not to see the results of an impeachment process rip through the country.

3 Likes

No. That’s the purpose of the Mueller investigation.

4 Likes

Some thoughts from over the pond known as ‘ye olde Atlantic.’ Partisan politics and bitterness are not unknown over here but they seem to have reached a fever pitch in the States. There seems at times to be little recognition the people on the opposing side are human. I can recall only a few times British domestic politics has got this heated, NI politics always has this element, but that is its own special world and even British politicians find that hard to understand looking inward at it. Mockery, insults from both sides, attempts to portray those will not support Trump as possibly ‘un-American’ resorts to crude rhetoric backed from the other side with loose-lipped nonsense aiming to suggest subtly or otherwise that it is socially backwards to support Trump. Pretty unpleasant viewing from outside. The picture on the ground is likely more complex but it looks very ugly for foreign observers of the USA.

1 Like

Politics in the US is very divisive and ugly on the inside as well.

1 Like
1 Like

Trump is of course human and that is a remarkably silly remark by this woman.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.