Napro Help ..

Hello all. My husband and I have been practicing Napro for a year now. My charts are ‘out of this world’ so confusing and my poor husband has been very patient with me. I am stressed. What am I doing wrong? The last two cycles, I seem to have not any peak type mucuses. I have had mensus but for some reason, I have no Stretchy - Clear mucus. I am so confused. I am scared to ask my Napro instructor and I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong. I have started to take Omega and Vitamin D3 oils the last month now. Not sure if that affects readings?

Thoughts?? Bless you and Thank you.

What are your temperatures like?

It’s possible that you are not ovulating.

Are you trying to conceive?

There are no temps in napro/creighton model.

Have no clue why one would be scared to talk to their napro instructor. This method is dependant on that relationship.

agapewolf said:

“There are no temps in napro/creighton model.”

It seems like a method that uses temperature might be more suitable for the OP, as it is quite possible that she is having anovulatory cycles.

Definitely talk to the instructor. Also, if it were me, I’d be inclined to chart a few months with temperatures and bring the charts in to my OB/GYN for her opinion. There could be something going on, medically speaking.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anovulation

Actually, napro is the most suitable method for one having issues-- as that what it is for… To help diagnose and treat the issues: hence “natural reproductive technology”.

agapewolf said:

“Actually, napro is the most suitable method for one having issues-- as that what it is for… To help diagnose and treat the issues: hence “natural reproductive technology”.”

And yet the OP sounds confused…

And she hasn’t contacted her instructor-- which is part of the method. It’s takes several months to feel confident when one doesn’t have any issues. When someone does, even longer. Took me quite awhile because I was navigating through pcos and other conditions. But napro helped the instructor and doctor fix the problem

Definitely feel free to talk to your instructor! He/she/they are loads of help. Hopefully they’ll be able to point you in the direction of a good Napro Doc. I learned through my charting that I needed to be taking thyroid medication. This is part of the beauty of the system! :slight_smile:

I don’t understand why you would be scared to talk to your instructor. That is the best thing you can do. We cannot diagnose your issue, your instructor can.

Cervical mucous alone is not a reliable indication of ovulation. Basal body temperature is the only way to confirm ovulation at home.

Actually its the opposite. Cervical mucous is the main indicator of fertility. Temps are nice for extra confirmation, but not necessary.

agapewolf said:

“Actually its the opposite. Cervical mucous is the main indicator of fertility. Temps are nice for extra confirmation, but not necessary.”

Cervical mucus is the main indicator of fertility, but temps are very helpful in determining infertility.

No, you are incorrect. A woman can have egg white cervical mucous at multiple points in her cycle, but there will only be one sustained temp shift in an ovulatory cycle.

Also, temperatures are not subject to interpretation, whereas you can misinterpret your mucous consistency.

Wrong. Temps are extremely variable due to illness, temp of the room, etc

The fertile mucous is the main indicator of fertility— even with star sympto thermal method which uses temps.

When one sees fertile mucous, they should abstain if avoiding pregnancy… Whether they’ve seen it before or not

UnCatholicBride said:

“Also, temperatures are not subject to interpretation, whereas you can misinterpret your mucous consistency.”

Illness can cause problems–hence the need for the mucus cross-check. (Don’t ask me how I know.)

Contra agapewolf, I don’t believe that room temperature could make that much of a difference (assuming a moderate range of temperatures).

All in all, it makes the most sense to use both temperature and mucus.

I agree that if you are trying to get pregnant and need have good advance warning of ovulation, mucus will be more helpful than temperature rise, as by the time there is a temperature rise, the egg has probably been and gone. Observing mucus gives much more opportunity to achieve pregnancy. However, for avoiding pregnancy, Phase 3 with a combination of temperature and mucus is really the gold standard. There is always an element of risk with Phase 1.

(I understand that individuals may differ physiologically–for instance some may have very unfavorable mucus.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.