National Coalition of Clergy and Laity- Auriesville pilgrimage

Hey folks,

Anyone know anything about the NCCL and their pilgrimage to Auriesville NY? Are they in a regular standing with the church, or is this the SSPX or the like? Anyone been on the pilgrimage?

Thanks

The SSPX have a seperate pilgrimage. Any time I have been on this pilgrimage, the priests have been from the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter and/or the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest.

Didnt know the shrins. th

I don’t know anything about the NCCL. I live relatively near Auriesville and I’ve paid it a brief visit once, though I’d like to spend more time there and take an official tour to know the place better. In general I liked the place and thought they succeeded in making the whole outdoor area a sacred space. Some of the architecture and such wasn’t to my tastes, but that’s such a common thing and somehow the fact that this is where people were martyred made it not bother me.

It’s the site of an old Mohawk village where three Jesuit priests (all saints) were martyred, as well as the birthplace of Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha, a Mohawk convert to Catholicism who suffered persecution from her people for her faith and her decision to remain a virgin. Bl. John Paul II beatified Bl. Kateri and made her patroness of ecology, but I’m not sure if there was a good reason for that patronage besides cultural stereotypes. :shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.