National Day of Mourning for Australia (Sunday February 22)

Sunday February 22 has been declared a national day of mourning for Australia. Please pray for us on that day and for the souls of the bushfire victims and the survivors. I think that the national day of mourning should also include praying for the safety of the unborn in Australia. The most liberal abortion laws in Australia were passed a couple of months ago in the state of Victoria. Many people prayed to stop these laws from passing and were deeply grieved when they were put into law.

Remembering the dead and shedding a tear is useless to them. They need prayers, in case they are in Purgatory. Crying is good for the living to relieve their sadness and their stress. It is part of the safety valve built into us for protecting our physical and mental health.

Mary Help of Christians, patroness of Australia pray for us.

These two saints were also patrons of Australia when it was designated a missionary country: St Therese and St Francis Xavier. Please pray to them also for Australia.

Our Lord dictated the following prayer to St Gertrude the Great to release many souls from Purgatory each time it is said.

Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal Church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

Help the Holy Souls in Purgatory and learn about their powerful intercession for their benefactors

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.