National Day of Prayer

Today is the first Thursday in May which is the National Day of Prayer officially designated by President Ronald Reagan in 1988.

I thought that today would be a good day to put all differences aside and take time out to pray for our nation (USA but I bet it would help for those from other countries here on the forum to pray for your nations as well). This is a time to pray for our leaders but not just our government. We also need to pray for our church/synagogue/mosque leaders as well as those in the media, teachers and last but NEVER least the leaders of our families.

:gopray2: :gopray2: :gopray2:

Thanks Cardinalsong. I add the intention to my prayer. Since today, Austin Diocese also celebrates Saint Joseph, the worker, we can pray and ask him to pray for those leadership.

Awesome Cardinal. Praying with you. Also don’t forget the feast of the ascension of our great Savior. Blessings to you and everyone here :slight_smile:

Thank you for your prayers. And you’re right today is the feast of The Ascension. Glory be to God!

:heaven:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.