NBA moving 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte over NC transgender law

This year’s playoffs and finals had some of the highest ratings in history.

I really do not like the corporate bullying of states who stand up for the right thing. But then again, I think that another organization known as Human Rights Campaign bullies organizations into complying with their leftist LGBT agenda. They actually have a list of corporations in which they rate them according to their compliance with the LGBT agenda. You can see the list here:

hrc.org/campaigns/corporate-equality-index

The regular season is 1230 games. The Finals is 7, at most.

I am a life-long basketball fan, and I watched fewer games this year than I ever have in my adult life, barely watching even the play-offs. I will probably watch even fewer in the coming season.

DGB

As the General said long ago, “God bless the Tar-heel boys” for standing firm in their resolve in opposing the Federal Toilet Mandate.

In this decadent Capitalist Benthamite Society / Jungle, we equate anything that makes Money = Good.

Money is the root of all evil.

Who does this hurt the most? City of Charlotte whos city Council bought this about bypassing the feel-good ordinance it was gonna have little practical effect( other than enrich trial lawyers)and caused the legislature to clean up their mess. The citizens of Charlotte should remember this the next time this council is up for reelection.

The exact same thing happened in Houston only in Houston’s case it was the citizens rose up and overturned the ordinance . After all sorts of dire warnings things settled down and they hosted the Final Four and will be hosting the Super Bowl as planned

Who does this hurt the most? City of Charlotte whos city Council bought this about by passing the feel-good ordinance that was gonna have little practical effect( other than enrich trial lawyers)and caused the legislature to clean up their mess. The citizens of Charlotte should remember this the next time this council is up for reelection.

The exact same thing happened in Houston only in Houston’s case it was the citizens rose up and overturned the ordinance . After all sorts of dire warnings things settled down and they hosted the Final Four and will be hosting the Super Bowl as planned

Check out this except from this letter from Congressman Robert Pittenger to the commissioner of the NBA, Adam Silver:

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1049238431825477&substory_index=0&id=376142742468386

"Last week I met with constituents from China who outlined the Chinese government practice of forcefully harvesting vital organs as part of their oppression of religious minorities. Meanwhile, the NBA will start selling tickets for preseason games in China next week.

Is the NBA implying China’s abhorrent violation of basic human rights is acceptable, but North Carolina saying men shouldn’t use the girls locker room is a bridge too far? What is the NBA’s true priority? The unmistakable hypocrisy is clear to me.

Please justify how you can be engaged with a country who has flagrantly violated human rights with forced abortions and selling vital human organs. There seems to be a gross lack of judgement and moral clarity."

I am so glad that they are making a stand on this important issue at the national level, but how are they doing on the international level? At the Olympic Games, are the men allowed to shower and defecate with the women - or do are they discriminating against our fine B.L.T. athletes?

I saw that too, one of the best letters I have seen from a Congressman :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.