NBA 'unreasonable' in moving All Star game from NC [CNA]

That sounds almost like an argument against gun control…:smiley:

Oh, and BTW: the law is in place to act as a deterrent. No one ever said it would stop everything. To be a criminal, one does need to break laws.

0 Likes

There’s a great documentary, Renee, about Renee Richards, the first transgender to play us open tennis tournament. She’s very brave and it’s a great documentary, I highly recommend everyone watch it. She wasn’t trying to cheat and she didn’t file any suit, she just wanted to play the US open, and she did.

0 Likes

Well, thank the American progressives for forcing the issue. It’s what they pretty much do all day. :mad:

I am more concerned with locker rooms than I am with bathrooms. I may not even recognize a person who identifies as T if I saw one. :shrug:

0 Likes

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

0 Likes

That’s what I thought too!

Oh, and BTW: the law is in place to act as a deterrent. No one ever said it would stop everything. To be a criminal, one does need to break laws.

That sounds almost like an argument** for** gun control…:smiley:

0 Likes

The neurosis at the root of homosexuality stems from an inability to form the proper associations with same sex peers in childhood,. The child is wounded psychologically and feel detached from his same sex peers. This wounding of the psyche results in an exaggerated sense of being wronged and an exaggerated sense of one’s own importance (narcissism ). This may or may not lead to homosexual behavior. If it does, it could lead to sexual addiction. Thus, the homosexual can be thought of as akin to a neurotic with a drinking problem. Nobody is born homosexual. The disorder is acquired and can be remedied by dealing with the underlying neurosis I mentioned above.

0 Likes

They are exercising their right to vote with their feet and their dollars, like anyone else in America.

0 Likes

Except when behaviors and intent are factored in.

0 Likes

Who is saying they don’t have such a right?

NBA fans can also choose not to watch them and boycott their advertisers.

0 Likes

The suggestion was that their action was somehow undemocratic, or at least unsupportive of representative government. I was simply noting that their are exercising their right to vote with their feet and their dollars. Their fans have the right to do the same.

0 Likes

They are attempting to economically browbeat/strongarm the people of North Carolina. I don’t think the people who run the NBA live in NC. The NBA doesn’t “vote”.

0 Likes

Except for bakers and florists and any other business that the decline to participate in a homosexual wedding

0 Likes

Exactly The Charlotte city Council bought this upon themselves by passing a feel-good ordinance to fix a nonexistent problem. All the state did was pass a law returning things to the way they were before Charlotte passed their ill-advised ordinance

0 Likes

They have two leagues, one for women and one for men. They believe in the principle that men and women are fundamentally different, at least physically. If they did not believe this, they would not have two leagues.

So this action is actually in contradiction to their principles.

0 Likes

Those bakers are florists are absolutely allowed to vote with their feet and dollars by refusing to do business in states that don’t allow discrimination against gay people.

0 Likes

Of course they are no rich and powerful enough to do this. Evidently there are two sets of rules-one for the rich and powerful and the other for the little guy.

0 Likes

Or they can be forced out of business if they don’t comply with the pro-homosexual agenda being pushed by the NBA and other corporate oligarchs.

It’s obvious the people of NC haven’t gotten the message. They cling to the quaint notion that they have representative government. Their representatives enacted the bathroom law, which displeases the real rulers of NC, who back the NBA and are attempting to use economic muscle to force a change in the law.

0 Likes

closed #38
0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.