NBC: Gadhafi making plans for leaving Libya

I hope this report is right. :thumbsup:

Moammar Gadhafi is making preparations for a departure from Libya with his family for possible exile in Tunisia, U.S. officials have told NBC News, citing intelligence reports.

One official suggested it was possible that Gadhafi would leave within days, NBC News reported…

msnbc.msn.com/id/44192334/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/

I just hope that it will bring peace.

The power vacuum will lead to civil war and strife for years to come. Anyone that thinks this will lead to some kind of republic or even a benevolent dictator that’s friendly to the US hasn’t been paying attention to Middle East or North Africa for the past 60 years.

I’ll believe it when i see it! there have been rumors before that he would be leaving and he comes out and says that he will die in Libya.
the middle east right now is such a mess, that i have no idea what will happen next.

It is very likely that once he leaves there will be further inter-tribal war until Gadhafi’s tribe’s leadership is decimated to assure no revenge on the rebels.

Lybia is a tribal country.

Another story, similar view:

Qaddafi’s Hold in Tripoli in Doubt as Rebels Advance t.co/beYKWvG

Maybe he could move to Syria and fight a death match with Assad. At least one of the tyrants would be gone.:wink:

Seriously, what country would take this guy? Could he live on some Greek Island if he brings a few billion of the money he has taken from his own country? He is hated enough to be a security risk for whatever country would accept him.

if hugo chavez didn’t have cancer, i would think he might offer to take him. they seem like they would be good friends. maybe ghadaffi will join hugo in cuba.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.