NBC Reporter Retracts Trump/Kennedy Deal for Kavanaugh Claim

I would not go as far as calling this Fake News on a reporters PERSONAL Twitter account.

But coming from an NBC reporter it looks bad.

As many employers tell their employees, “what you say and do out there reflects on all of us back here.”

This does not reflect good on NBC news.

Doubtful Twitter will shadow ban Caldwell. (Nor am I suggesting here that they should)

NBC Reporter Retracts Trump/Kennedy Deal for Kavanaugh Claim

Kathryn Blackhurst Tuesday, July 10, 2018 Lifezette

NBC News Capitol Hill reporter Leigh Ann Caldwell retracted a tweet on Tuesday claiming — based on one source — that Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy retired only after months of cajoling President Donald Trump to nominate Judge Brett Kavanaugh in his stead.

“I’ve deleted this tweet because it incorrectly implies a transactional nature in Kennedy’s replacement. I am told by a source who was not directly part of the talks that Kennedy provided Pres. Trump/WH a list of acceptable replacements,” Caldwell tweeted on Tuesday . . . .

. . . Caldwell claimed in her initial tweet that Kennedy waited until after receiving assurances from Trump that he’d nominate Kavanaugh, one of Kennedy’s former clerks, to replace him.

“On Kavanaugh pick Kennedy and Trump/WH had been in negotiations for months over Kennedy’s replacement,” the deleted tweet read. “Once Kennedy received assurances that it would be Kavanaugh, his former law clerk, Kennedy felt comfortable retiring, according to a source who was told of the discussions.” . . .

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.