ND Response RALLY Transcripts & Videos!

Notre Dame Response Rally Transcripts & Videos

I truly believe that there are signs of hope on Our Lady’s campus, and ask that everyone who has been affected by the trying situation would go read and/or watch what occurred on the other side of Notre Dame’s campus this past Sunday.

Around 2000 people gathered for a peaceful, prayerful demonstration in opposition to Obama’s being honored by the university, and instead of this being broadcast by all of the major media outlets, all people saw were pictures of the outsiders at the gates, the intruders being arrested. Many, many more were engaging in something which I’d argue is a lot more constructive.

The truth is this: This painful episode has damaged the ethos and spirit of Notre Dame.
But there is another truth that we must also remember: IT IS NOT THE END OF THE
STORY! - Fr. Wilson Miscamble

Thanks Rach620!

That is very good to know. Thanks.

I wonder how many students actually attended the real graduation. There is a week between the last day of class and graduation. Did some seniors simply decide to bail out of Notre Dame early and attend neither gathering? There has been a lot of talk about the wild cheering for Obama, but I wonder if that was because it was more likely for people to attend the Obama rally if they were Obama supporters in the first place. I’m glad this alternate was offered. I would guess many of the more conservative faculty opted out of the Obamafest leaving the liberal faculty to cheer wildly at Obama’s ceremony.

There has been a lot of talk about the wild cheering for Obama, but I wonder if that was because it was more likely for people to attend the Obama rally if they were Obama supporters in the first place.

The wild cheering was actually prearranged. Students and others were instructed to cheer loudly in response to any booing. Most of the media coverage I have seen and heard about edited out booing and heckling, but both definitely occurred.

The main stream media AT IT’S FINEST!!:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.