Need a book recommendation for a Muslim woman

I have an opportunity to send a book about Christianity to a Muslim woman. She is culturally Muslim but does not practice. She does not know much about Christianity but is willing to read a book. It shouldn’t be too complicated. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Something concerning the Holy Mother? I’m not a woman or a former Muslim so that’s my best guess. Also, is it safe for her to have such a book (i.e. she does not live in a country/situation in which having a book about Christianity will endanger her)?

Get the Gospel of John and just let her read that.

“Catholicism for Dummies” is a nice basic book about the Church. You don’t have to already be Catholic to understand it, and you don’t have to read it cover to cover; you can open it anywhere and start reading it.

“I Dared to call him Father: The miraculous story of a Muslim woman’s encounter with God”

I haven’t read it, but it’s supposed to be a story of a Muslim woman who converts to Christianity.

Or does she need something more simple, still?

Invite her to participate in CAF conversations, it’s very important to know her reasons for not practicing Islam first.

she thinks Islam is a religion that’s not friendly to women.

Show her these if you have a chance:

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. { Or b holy and blameless b }

28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church,

30 because we are members of his body.

31 "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. "

Also:

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave { Greek b bondservant b } nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Absolutely superb book. Read it some twenty years ago. Highly recommended especially to encourage her that there were Muslims in a predominantly Muslim country, in this case Pakistan, who were called by the Lord to Christianity.

Great! I’ll keep it in mind, then.

:rotfl:, well, I understand her feelings, but tell her that the Islamic law is harsh for both men and women for a reason.

Ask her to join CAF and post her experience here.

I haven’t read it, but I like the concept.

Scott Hahn’s “Rome Sweet Home” helped a lot of people become Catholic.

I suspect that the recommended book will touch heartstrings that non-Muslims are completely unaware of…powerful stuff.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.