need a husband

Please pray for my daughter and me…I have been single for almost 7 years and I am starting to think God is not listening to my prayers. I want to have a family. My daughter and I have been alone for so many years and want to be a part of a family. Things have been really, really difficult physically and mentally. We are alone and don’t have any help. We want someone to come into our lives. Please pray that God blesses me with a husband and great father for my daughter. Thank you so much.

Speak, Lord Jesus; we will listen.
You do not come into our souls without
speaking to us in some way.
Please make Your presence known in the
heart and mind of faith.
We will be quiet, and let our desires and worries rest,
in order to hear You.
In silence, we will learn to know Your “Intimate Will”
in our regard.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Oh Raphael, lead us towards those we are waiting for and those who are waiting for us. St. Raphael, angel of happy meetings and Catholic singles, lead us by the hand towards those we are looking for.

May all of our movements, all of their movements be guided by your light and transfigured by your joy. Angel guide of tobias, lay the request we now address to you at the feet of Him whose unveiled face you are priveleged to gaze. Lonely and tired, crushed by the separations and sorrows of the earth, we feel the need of calling to you and pleading for the protection of your wings so that we may not be as strangers in the province of joy, all ignorant of the concerns of our country.

Remember the weak, you who are strong, you whose home lies beyond the region of thunder in a land that is always peaceful, always serene, and bright with the resplendent glory of God.

Amen.

Don’t you worry, jojo’s. I’m a single 25 year old guy and I know just how it feels to have no dating prospects and to wonder if God is ever going to bring the right person into my life. Just remember that the pain you feel when you’re single and lonely is a purifying fire that is going help you become an even better wife and have an even happier relationship when God brings Mr. right into your life!

Also, I’m on day #4 of a nine-day novena to St. Raphael. Why don’t you start praying it as well?

forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=678373&postcount=5

God bless! :slight_smile:

I’ve been there too. I prayed for ten years for a husband, I even promised St. Philomena to name my(our) first child after her. It seemed God didn’t answer me either. Little did I know, He had PERFECT timing. I joined Ave Maria Single Catholics Online, and after 3 years of being a member, and a couple of guys that didn’t seem right, the perfect husband showed up. We have been happily married for nearly 7 years now, and have 4 kids, and yes, the first one’s name is Philomena. Be patient. It turned out, my husband was ready for me at the time I began praying, but I had some growing up to do. I grew up without a father in a dysfunctional family, so the extra time God had me wait, helped me learn valuable skillls in the jobs I had. My advice to you would be keep praying, be patient, and try some single Catholic sites like Ave Maria. My brother found his spouse on another single Catholic site. God’s Will may seem hard at times, but He truly only wants the best for us.
DH and I will pray for you and your daughter.

I had a similar experience, although in reverse. I dated for many years with no luck. Finally, I decided to give God a chance, and I joined the Catholic Alumni Clubs International caci.org/. I met my future bride through them about a year later.

Thank you all for praying for me and for the advice. I truly hope and pray that one day God will bless me with a husband because I am very weak and alone with my daughter. I am tired of the struggle of being a single parent.I wouldn’t even wish single parenting on my worst enemy! My daughter and I have great times, but there is a piece missing to our little family and its killing me inside. Even year has been getting harder and harder with keep the faith that I just want to give up. I thank you all again for reading my thread and thinking about my pain. God Bless You and I will try the St. Raphael Novena again.

What a wonderful first post and so true thank you for writing I hope OP take note

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

jojo’s, you’d be surprised just how many folks ask for good spouses here. I will be praying for you and your daughter and all the other folks at CAF who seek decent partners.

Novena to Saint Joseph (Day 1)

Saint Joseph, I, your unworthy child, greet you. You are the faithful protector and intercessor of all who love and venerate you. You know that I have special confidence in you and that, after Jesus and Mary, I place all my hope of salvation in you, for you are especially powerful with God and will never abandon your faithful servants. Therefore, I humbly invoke you and commend myself, with all who are dear to me and all that belong to me, to your intercession. I beg of you, by your love for Jesus and Mary, not to abandon me during life and to assist me at the hour of my death.

Glorious Saint Joseph, spouse of the Immaculate Virgin, obtain for me a pure, humble, charitable mind, and perfect resignation to the divine Will. Be my guide, my father, and my model through life that I may merit to die as you did in the arms of Jesus and Mary.

Loving Saint Joseph, faithful follower of Jesus Christ, I raise my heart to you to implore your powerful intercession in obtaining from the Divine Heart of Jesus all the graces necessary for my spiritual and temporal welfare, particularly the grace of a happy death, and the special grace I now implore:

Virtuous Catholic spouses for all those here at CAF seeking them

Guardian of the Word Incarnate, I feel confident that your prayers in my behalf will be graciously heard before the throne of God. Amen.

Memorare

Remember, most pure spouse of Mary, ever Virgin, my loving protector, Saint Joseph, that no one ever had recourse to your protection or asked for your aid without obtaining relief. Confident, therefore, in your goodness, I come before you and humbly implore you. Despise not my petitions, foster-father of the Redeemer, but graciously receive them. Amen.

Novena to Saint Joseph (Day 2)

Saint Joseph, I, your unworthy child, greet you. You are the faithful protector and intercessor of all who love and venerate you. You know that I have special confidence in you and that, after Jesus and Mary, I place all my hope of salvation in you, for you are especially powerful with God and will never abandon your faithful servants. Therefore, I humbly invoke you and commend myself, with all who are dear to me and all that belong to me, to your intercession. I beg of you, by your love for Jesus and Mary, not to abandon me during life and to assist me at the hour of my death.

Glorious Saint Joseph, spouse of the Immaculate Virgin, obtain for me a pure, humble, charitable mind, and perfect resignation to the divine Will. Be my guide, my father, and my model through life that I may merit to die as you did in the arms of Jesus and Mary.

Loving Saint Joseph, faithful follower of Jesus Christ, I raise my heart to you to implore your powerful intercession in obtaining from the Divine Heart of Jesus all the graces necessary for my spiritual and temporal welfare, particularly the grace of a happy death, and the special grace I now implore:

Guardian of the Word Incarnate, I feel confident that your prayers in my behalf will be graciously heard before the throne of God. Amen.

Memorare

Remember, most pure spouse of Mary, ever Virgin, my loving protector, Saint Joseph, that no one ever had recourse to your protection or asked for your aid without obtaining relief. Confident, therefore, in your goodness, I come before you and humbly implore you. Despise not my petitions, foster-father of the Redeemer, but graciously receive them. Amen.

Remembering you and your daughter in my daily prayers. God bless!

Novena to Saint Joseph (Day 3)

Memorare

Remember, most pure spouse of Mary, ever Virgin, my loving protector, Saint Joseph, that no one ever had recourse to your protection or asked for your aid without obtaining relief. Confident, therefore, in your goodness, I come before you and humbly implore you. Despise not my petitions, foster-father of the Redeemer, but graciously receive them.

Amen.

Father Almighty, I join in jojos_faith’s prayer. Please bring into her life and her daughter a man who will loved her and her daughter. Bring into their lives, a good and religious man who will be a provider and carer for their family. St. Joseph, I ask for your intercession. AMEN.

Novena to Saint Joseph (Day 4)

Memorare

Remember, most pure spouse of Mary, ever Virgin, my loving protector, Saint Joseph, that no one ever had recourse to your protection or asked for your aid without obtaining relief. Confident, therefore, in your goodness, I come before you and humbly implore you. Despise not my petitions, foster-father of the Redeemer, but graciously receive them.

Amen.

I want to thank you all from the depths of my heart for praying for my daughter and me. Also, thank you for the time and effort you all put into us. I am drowning slowly mentally, physically and financially right now. I am doing everything I can to gain strength and time to fix my burdens. I am hopeful that all your prayer will bring clarity and faith in my situation. I know single parenting is not easy, but I have been completely alone since I was one month pregnant. I have lived at a pregnancy shelter and have been on my own since my daughter was 8 months old. Life has not been easy for us and now I need God more than ever. I know that God has helped many single mothers to find great husbands and continue to make their families fruitful, so how can I have a family to support us and each other if I am not given the opportunity? I just don’t understand…am I being punished? This hurts more than words can explain and more than minds can comprehend… I want you all to know that my daughter and I are great people and work hard everyday so thank you all again and thanks for reading.

jojos, we will all continue to pray for you. So many people are out of work with no money coming in and having to support a family. Is it any wonder that they are also depressed and anxious? You are right to place your trust in the Lord. MidnightSun12 mentioned Raphael–an excellent intercessor for you! The following is taken from a prayer booklet about Our Lady:

“The story of Tobias and Sarah bears a great moral and spiritual lesson: it points out the action of God upon the lives of those who let themselves be guided by Him in search of Divine Wisdom. Tobias suffers from solitude, so Raphael takes him to the house of Sarah. Sarah, too, bears a great burden: each one of her seven bridegrooms was abducted and killed by an evil demon before each marriage could be consummated. Feeling disgraced, she contemplates suicide; however, she entrusts herself to God, and, from then on, her life changes. So by the mediation of the Archangel Raphael, the Lord unites Sarah to Tobias, showing us that humility, trust and faith in God are what move the Divine Hands in our lives.”

Such excellent advice! I’m sure that Raphael wouldn’t mind performing his task one more time!

I suggest something, too. St. Joseph has been very kind to me. He is the head of the Holy Family: who better to find a spouse for you than the spouse of Mary? That is why I started his Novena. Ask him to intercede with his Son. He will not fail you!

:gopray2:

Continued prayers for you, jojos_faith. We empathize with your situation and pray that you may find a good and loving husband very soon. Will remember you and your intentions at daily Mass later on.

St. Joseph pray for us.
St. Raphael, angel of happy meetings, single people, courtship, and marriage, pray for us.

Mother Mary, you interceded for the couple at their wedding in Cana. Please intercede for jojos_faith that she may find and meet a good and loving husband soon.

Novena to Saint Joseph (Day 5)

Memorare

Amen.

Novena to Saint Joseph (Day 7)

Memorare

Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

Novena to Saint Joseph (Day 8)

Memorare

Amen.

(Sorry I missed a few days.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.