Need a Job

My husband is out of work. He took off from work last year after I got sick in order to help take care of me. I have Sickle Cell Anemia which put me in the hospital, while there I had congested heart failure and I am on O2 . While he was off taking care of me the country went into an recession. I am still sick but he has to work because we have run out of savings. We have no money at all except what I get every month for disabiltiy. I have family here but they are struggling financially also. We can’t make our house payment or buy food. I have been trying to work when I can at home but I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and I won’t get paid until January 1st. I have been praying and pryaing for my Patrick, my husband, to find a job but so far my prayes have not been answered yet. I feel so bad because I can’t help my mother who needs money. I will continue to pray but I am so scared of what will happen if he does not find a job by January.
Please pray for my family.
Thank you
Terry

Terry,I will keep you,your husband and your family in prayer.:signofcross:

Praying. Hope you are able to get temporary help through assistance programs for food, etc.

Father please have mercy on Terry and Patrick in their predicament. Please bring help to this couple; and help Patrick to find work. Please help Terry to regain her health. I ask You to grant this family’s urgent prayers

Praying for you…

Praying very hard for your situation to improve dramatically!

Terry, please know that I am praying for you and your husband.

Thank you all so much. Your replies has filled me with hope. Thank you once again.

Thank you guys again. Your prayers have already been working. He has an job interview on Tuesday the 23rd of December. I feel so hopeful. I am trying not to get carried away becuase this is just an interview but this is the best news that we have had in months. Please continue to pray for us. Your responses brings tears to my eyes. It has been so long since I have felt that people really care for one another.

Merry Christmas everyone

Terry

My husband was looking for a job for a year and was just recently offered one. We spent a lot of time petitioning Saints Joseph and Jude. I will pray to them for you.

I there a special reason why you petitioned St Joseph and St Jude? or are they just your fav?

Thank you for your prayers

Saint Joseph because he is the patron saint of fathers and there are plenty of prayers to him to help one find employment to help take care of their family. Because it took over a year for my DH to find a new job, towards the end we started to pray to Saint Jude because he is the patron saint of hopeless causes and we were feeling pretty hopeless.

Thanks. I was not aware of that. I was preying to St Anthony but I think I will change to St Joseph. St Joseph is my husband’s saint after all.

Still praying very hard!

I’ll say a Rosary for your family tonight.

Do not lose hope. You will get through this.

Terry, I will pray a Rosary and petition our Blessed Mother to ask her Son to find a job for Patrick and also for you to recover your health.:gopray2: :hug3:

I am praying. May your loving husband find a good job as soon as possible.

Alma

We cannot lose hope. We must always keep positive and never give up. I know, this feeling is what moves me. It’s my motivation to live out the day and serve God. We must continue our prayers. You and your husband, as well as everyone else in the same situation are in mine.

~~ God Bless.

Still praying very hard!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.