Need a recipe

My office will be having a very informal party tomorrow and I need to make something. So, here I am asking for suggestions. I would like to make something I can throw together in the crock pot tomorrow morning and plug in when I arrive at work. I think someone is making lasagna and another coworker is making kielbasa. Anyway, share your hit dishes with me please!

Meatballs with 1 to 1 chili sauce and grape jelly.

Beef casserole. Sliced stewing beef, (good sized chunks) plus carrots, potatoes, onions (finely diced and they will degrade) add a gravy mix, little garlic salt. 5 hours later you will have them drooling. Add garden peas and whole tomatoes in the last 2 hours. If you are really brave a little curry to spice things up.

Meatballs and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Simple, easy, and delicious!

If it doesn't have to be in a crock pot, I would go with Buffalo Chicken Dip. I bring this to work for every party we have (I brought it once and have been told that I have to bring it every time! Now, I have to triple the recipe and it's still gone within 10 minutes!)

1 package Perdue Short Cuts
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (will need another 1/2 cup for topping)
1/3-1/2 Franks Red Hot Sauce

Cut chicken into small pieces. Add cream cheese, salad dressing, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and hot sauce. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Sprinkle with another 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. In a pyrex dish (usually 8x8 for a single portion, increase size of dish if you double or triple the recipe) bake for 20-25 minutes at 350, or until the edges bubble and all the cheese on top is melted.

Serve with Tostitos Scoops for dipping.

This one is always a crowd pleaser!

The chicken dip would probably be popular. What are perdue short cuts?

Anyone have a good desert recipe? I may decide to make something for desert since at least two people are making main dishes. There will probably only be seven of us there tomorrow so I guess we don't need too many entrees.

Does anyone have a good bread pudding recipe?

Perdue Short Cuts are pre-cooked chicken strips (they are in the refrigerated section at the grocery store). You can also cook a couple chicken breasts and then shred them, but the short cuts just make the process easier and faster.

[quote="IgnatiusDaughtr, post:4, topic:223547"]

If it doesn't have to be in a crock pot, I would go with Buffalo Chicken Dip. I bring this to work for every party we have (I brought it once and have been told that I have to bring it every time! Now, I have to triple the recipe and it's still gone within 10 minutes!)

Cut chicken into small pieces. Add cream cheese, salad dressing, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and hot sauce. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Sprinkle with another 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. In a pyrex dish (usually 8x8 for a single portion, increase size of dish if you double or triple the recipe) bake for 20-25 minutes at 350, or until the edges bubble and all the cheese on top is melted.

[/quote]

ohhhh, that sounds good.

[quote="IgnatiusDaughtr, post:4, topic:223547"]

[/quote]

I've seen this done in a crock pot. I made it with a shredded rotisserie chicken. I've also seen recipes using canned chicken, saying that is the "right" thing to use for the "real" version of the dip.

Well, I made the buffalo chicken dip and it was a hit! Thank you all for the help!!

chili cheese dip
the favorite crock pot buffet offering here sounds disgusting but is really good. there are variations but this is the last one I sampled
cheese wiz or velveeta, melted
rotel tomatoes with green chilis, I like mild but medium would be okay too
salsa, again, hotness to the taste of your clientele
crumbled cooked sausage or ground beef, or combination
some people add jalepenos but that puts it over the top, if your crowd likes them serve a bowl on the side
and the best restaurant style tortilla chips you can find
frito dippers also work well with this
can't say the proportions but light on the salsa/tomatoes so it does not get too watery, and mostly cheese with a bit of meat, not the other way around

One of our bachelor friend makes it even easier, a couple of cans of the cheese sauce they make for nachos, a can of chili w/o beans (he uses Wolf) and a small can of Rotel

[quote="kib, post:10, topic:223547"]
Well, I made the buffalo chicken dip and it was a hit! Thank you all for the help!!

[/quote]

Glad to be of help!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.