need a verse

Alright, someone brought up some old Israeli laws, and I’m pretty sure the new testament says they don’t apply anymore. Namely, one about not shaving the sides of your beard (I think, it was probably King James version and a bit difficult to understand) and then another about eating kosher. The problem is, I have no idea what verse. Can someone please show me the verse?
Thanks.

Hello there!

I did some checking around through the New Testament and found several references to meat. These are 1 COR 10:25-33 and 1 TIM 4:1-5. Also on the Old and New Covenants, I found in Heb 8:13, 9 and 10 covered the switch between the Covenants. Could not find anything in particular on the hair thing for men, just on women’s hair coverings.

Hope this helps!

God Bless!

Leviticus 21:5 They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.