Need Advice About Making Friends After Moving

My fiance and I had a long distance relationship for a long time, and after I graduated from college I moved closer to him because he is still in school. Now that I am here, I am struggling so much with feelings of loneliness. I know I’m not completely alone since I have my fiance. But I have been living here for 4 months now and have yet to make any friends. Not only that, but we are living in a very secular area. We are working with a sponsor couple who explained to us that they think that contraception and sterilization is ok in certain circumstances. My fiance and I are very conservative Catholics. As you can imagine, this did not settle well with us. So I feel even more alone because I feel like there is nobody here I can relate to. And I don’t seem to relate well with most of my fiance’s friends. He is also feeling stressed because he doesn’t have many good friends either. Does anybody have any advice for me?? What should I do? I feel awful every time I tell my fiance I feel lonely, and I don’t want to live like this any more.

Somehow this got posted twice. I didn’t mean for that to happen, and I don’t know how to delete one. I’m sorry!!

closed #3

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.